Community Forum

xfinity home app

Frequent Visitor

xfinity home app

since last week my home app will not work on my samsung galaxy 7. i have talked  to a comcast tech for over 30 min. went to comcast and my phone store. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app plus multiple web browsers. my app cont to say a web browser must be installed...what can i do..

Official Employee

Re: xfinity home app

Kcstevens41656 --

Thanks so much for taking the time to post here.  I was able to pull up your account & share with engineering.  We believe that what you are experiencing is related to an issue that we have been looking into already.  We believe that our next app update should help & would like to follow up with you then.

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

When will this happen..in the meantime unable to arm or disarm my house when away or view the camera...very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Still unable to open app, continue to get the message..I need a web browser...uninstalled browsers and home app..no luck

Official Employee

Hi Kcstevens41656, have you tried using the app on another device? Do you get the same error when you login online? Do you have issues with any other Xfinity apps? 

Frequent Visitor

It works on my iPad,just not the Samsung galaxy 7. It did work and then one day it didn’t

Official Employee

Kcstevens41656 --

Can you please confirm that you have updated to the most recent version of the Xfinity Home app (9.10)?

Thanks!

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Yes..it is.have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.also the chrome web browser

Admin1

Kcstevens41656 -- We'll need to get a support ticket opened for you. Please send me a PM with your name, either phone number or account, and the username you're signing in with. I'll get a ticket created for you. 

New Poster

I also cannot arm or disarm my Xfinity alarm system through the app any longer. I have an iPhone with the latest software installed. This issue just started happening since the last IOS update. Is there a resolution in the works for iPhones as well!
Silver Problem Solver

@tinamarie717 wrote:
I also cannot arm or disarm my Xfinity alarm system through the app any longer. I have an iPhone with the latest software installed. This issue just started happening since the last IOS update. Is there a resolution in the works for iPhones as well!

Which software version?  My iPhone7 is 9.12.0.313444.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Silver Problem Solver

@tinamarie717 wrote:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-home-security/id418965252?mt=8

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Yes. This is the app that is currently installed on my iPhone and will not let me remotely set the alarm.
Silver Problem Solver

You say remotely?  Can you set it if you are within your residence?

New Poster

I have a Galaxy 7 and just recently signed up for Comcast security and added a camera. I cannot connect to my system from it but I can connect from my iPhone and Samsung tablet. any idea what I can do to make it work sine the galaxy 7 is my main device?
Silver Problem Solver

@deanna_flores wrote:
I have a Galaxy 7 and just recently signed up for Comcast security and added a camera. I cannot connect to my system from it but I can connect from my iPhone and Samsung tablet. any idea what I can do to make it work sine the galaxy 7 is my main device?

Could you please start a new thread so it can be escalated to an Official Employee (OE)?

Official Employee

deanna_flores -- 

Thanks for getting in touch.  We're currently looking into this issue.  I can reach out when I have more information.

Rachel

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. In the meantime, my system is essentially useless since I am in a wheelchair and can't exit fast enough when I set the alarm from the touchscreen. Is there a possible ETA on this new, better update? Since this has been a problem for months?

Official Employee

salad3 wrote: I have the same problem. In the meantime, my system is essentially useless since I am in a wheelchair and can't exit fast enough when I set the alarm from the touchscreen. Is there a possible ETA on this new, better update? Since this has been a problem for months?

I replied to your original post on this issue, please reach back out to me there and we can continue on getting this resolved for you.