Community Forum

iOS issue disarming while system is in Entry Delay mode

Regular Visitor

iOS issue disarming while system is in Entry Delay mode

Starting with the 9.12.0 update about a week ago, I've stopped being able to disarm my alarm while the system is in Entry Delay mode.  I can arm and disarm the system normally outside of that single scenario.  I'm on 9.14.0 now, and still have this issue.

I contacted support via chat, and their recommendation was to remove and reinstall the application and to reboot my phone.  I've done both of these, but the issue remains.

When attempting to disarm the system while it is in Entry Delay mode, I get a screen asking me to select an arm mode, but nothing happens when I tap an icon.

image1(1).png

When the system is in any other mode, it disarms just fine.  That screen (if I don't have it use Face ID) looks like this:

image2.png

This is extremely annoying, especially when I have a car full of stuff to unload because I have to go in the house to disarm the alarm or else have the alarm go off.  I've nearly done so a few times.  Is anyone else experiencing this too?  It really needs to be fixed ASAP.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: iOS issue disarming while system is in Entry Delay mode

You said you used chat.  I found that phone support is very good; I don't know if they are the same people as chat.

1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

I did use chat, because in my experience, it is preferable to a phone call.

I did actually call for support on this.  Despite calling in for Home Security, I was placed in the wrong queue.  The agent I spoke with said she was going to talk to the next person before I was transferred, but that didn't happen.  I was put on hold for a few minutes, she came back on briefly, and was abrubtly transferred.  I spent the next 15 minutes waiting on hold before I decided to hang up.

I've not had one positive experience calling for support on the Home Security product.  With Internet and TV service, I have never had an issue.  The Home Security call center is awful.

Official Employee

jvanderb --

Thanks for reaching out & providing details about the issue you're experiencing.  Engineering was able to reproduce this issue on their end & is already working on a fix that will be included in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, you can disable FaceID/TouchID for arm/disarm as a workaround.

Thanks!

Rachel