Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error code #24001

New Poster

error code #24001

... someone help. anyone know what error message #24001 is? How to solve?

New Poster

Re: error code #24001

I am getting the same message on my iphone & iPad running the new iOS 8
New Poster

iOS 8 has a new password wallet feature built in trying to use the app password for storage it looks like. I tried to workaround by disabling portions of iOS causing the issue and it didn't work. Comcast will have to update the app. I did get it to function half the time by deleting the app. Hard reboot he Apple device. Hold both home and power button at same time until it shuts off. Power it on. Download the app and sign in. Don't flip the switch to keep you logged in. Have to enter credentials each time until app updates.
New Poster

Also just had security system installed today. New user. I work in IT as engineer. If I find a better workaround. Will let you know
New Poster

try disconnecting from your WIFI, it worked for me..

Frequent Visitor

Is Comcast aware of this issue?
Frequent Visitor

FYI. AS a temporary work around, you can sign into the xfinity home security portal instead of the app until Comcast fixes the defect. I would recommend using an iPad when using the portal because iphone would be way to small to use functionally.

https://login.comcast.net/login?forceAuthn=true&ipAddrAuthn=false&lang=en&pf_sp=www.ucontrol.com&s=s...
New Poster

call the cable company tell them u updated 8.0 on iphone  they will reset the app  then it will  works again

Regular Contributor

UPDATE: error code #24001

Good evening everyone...

We just completed a triage of an event that was discovered to be causing the 24001 errors (timeouts to our proxy). This would have caused various issues depending on your current state within the mobile app.

What was impacted?

Xfinity Home apps on iOS or Android clients. Logging in, arming/disarming, or toggling lights/thermostats could have shown this error message. 

Our engineering teams resolved this at ~11pm EST. These are transient errors so you may see them from time to time, but if you consistently are getting them please let us know by calling into Customer CARE, using Social media, or here on the Forums under Xfinity Home. Keep in mind these Forums are not monitored 24x7 so CARE is your best resource.

Thank you for your patience,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Fadian wrote:
iOS 8 has a new password wallet feature built in trying to use the app password for storage it looks like. I tried to workaround by disabling portions of iOS causing the issue and it didn't work. Comcast will have to update the app. I did get it to function half the time by deleting the app. Hard reboot he Apple device. Hold both home and power button at same time until it shuts off. Power it on. Download the app and sign in. Don't flip the switch to keep you logged in. Have to enter credentials each time until app updates.

The app is iOS8 compliant, however it has it's own "store password" feature built on that works with our backend authentication system. If that is still not working for you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I had the same issue. Go into advanced setting within the security tablet and do a a reboot. That worked for me.

Frequent Visitor

ERROR KKK KAST. Same old recycled content in an infinite loop, the only thing that changes are the commercials, and the rate of increase in advertising. There ought to be a law
Contributor

Fixed what???? Touchscreen works great but of course now no Error 24001 within the app but my six cameras won't show up and turning on lights will turn them on but not off.. Again it's always something with these guys... FIX THE APP
Regular Contributor

cfdc wrote:
Fixed what???? Touchscreen works great but of course now no Error 24001 within the app but my six cameras won't show up and turning on lights will turn them on but not off.. Again it's always something with these guys... FIX THE APP

cfdc,

The source of the 24001 errors was resolved. Are you still having issues or getting any error messages now? Please Private Message me your Comcast ID if different than this Forums username and either Shannon or myself would be happy to help look into this issue. 

Thanks for your time,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the error...still not resolved.

New Poster

I am having this stupid error also. This makes the app useless. Fix this garbage
New Poster

Not working for my husband and I this morning. I need to arm my house after my kids leave and can't! Fix this Comcast!!!
New Poster

Just checked and the code is #24001. It's NOT fixed!!
Frequent Visitor

I didn't know there was an issue until this morning. I woke up early to head downstars. I needed to turn off the motion before doing so, then I started getting this error. My touch screen is downstairs, so I rely on my mobile devices. I was trapped upstairs until 6am. Lucky for me a set an auto shut off or I would have to had to set off the alarm.

I've reset touch screen several times. My ipad now works ,but iphone gets the error. I've restarted iphone multiple times and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I upgrad both devises to ios8 this week. My wifes phone is still using ios7 and she gets the error.

Please tell me how to resolve the issue. I'm really getting tired of dealing with Xfinity home issues.

Regular Contributor

Good morning everyone,

We unfortunately had an issue that caused these to resurface again. Teams are engaged and should be resolved shortly.

We sincerely apologize for the issue and I'll update this thread again when we confirm it's been resolved.

Thank you,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am still having issues with the app. I tried to login manually and with my saved data at least a half a dozen times this morning. Please get this corrected ASAP!

New Poster

Just tried on my phone and it connected. I had to set the alarm from my computer at work. Thank you Comcast for fixing this. 👍
Regular Contributor

Valued and patient cutomers...

We discovered the issue and corrected it by ~8:48am EST. If you're still seeing a 24001 error please reply here and we can do some additional troubleshooting. No additional alarms are going off and error rates are <1% at the moment. 

We immediately switched over to a follow up triage session to find out root cause and insure we don't see any repeat issues. 

Sincerely,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I was just able to log in to the app from my iphone with iOS 8 without getting a 24001 error.

Thank you for correcting the error!  I also work for a software company and understand how frustrating these errors can be when a third party (in this case, Apple) makes a change (in this case, the release of iOS 8)  that affects functionality in your own technology.  In my opinion, you guys resolved this very quickly!  Thank you for that!

Bob

Frequent Visitor

It seems obvious from the context : K KAST is inept at running the businesses that they have, inept or incorrigible, and yet they want to gobble up as many other parts of the telecom world as possible. This is Unamerican, Untenable, and UNBELIEVABLY odious, but that's the corporacracy of the tech thieves. Cheers Comcast
Frequent Visitor

Works for me know. Thanks for resolving.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats