Community Forum

arm away on ios app

Contributor

arm away on ios app

Whenever my husband or I "arm away" the security system via the keypad (not the touchscreen) we can see the ios app refreshing and saying arming away but after the two minute period, the status in the ios app says "armed stay" and the latest activty says armed stay with keypad. I'm sure we are pressing the "arm away" button as that is the button that is lit when the system is arming and disarming.  I also have another question not related to the ios app. Why is the battery light in the lower right corner on the keypad sometimes green and sometimes red.Thanks, Linda

Contributor

Re: arm away on ios app

I called technical support and they determined what was wrong. The keypad was installed on a wall in the garage just on the outside of the laundry room door. We close the door completely and the keypad turns green. We then arm the keypad correctly, but since the system allows us 2 mintues to exit the house and doesn't sense a door being opened and closed to exite the system thinks we are still home so changes the arm away to arm stay.  The techs were great and someone will be at our home in a few days to relocate the keypad to the other side of the door. The installer drilled into a joint of the block wall to install the keypad. It is not glued to the wall. 

Official Employee

Re: arm away on ios app

Hi Linda -- 

Thanks for reaching out & letting me know the issue was resolved.  I'm glad our techs were able to help resolve this for you.  Please don't hesitate to post again if you need additional assistance. 

Thanks!

Rachel