Community Forum

XfinityHome mobile app login issue

New Poster

XfinityHome mobile app login issue

Getting this message when I tried logging in: “XfinityHome wants to Use Xfinity.com to sign in. This allows the app and website to share information about you.”

First, the system just logged us out of the app and when we tried logging back in, we get that warning. Who would allow their information to be shared? And this for Home Security(!).
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XfinityHome mobile app login issue

@evcalifornia wrote:
Getting this message when I tried logging in: “XfinityHome wants to Use Xfinity.com to sign in. This allows the app and website to share information about you.”

First, the system just logged us out of the app and when we tried logging back in, we get that warning. Who would allow their information to be shared? And this for Home Security(!).

What device are you using?

I log in with my Xfinity username/password from here:

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: XfinityHome mobile app login issue

evcalifornia -- Thank you for reaching out.  The message you are seeing is a prompt from your device's OS.  It is asking you to allow Xfinity.com to share information with the Xfinity Home app, essentially allowing the website and app to talk to each other.  Apple surfaces this prompt so that you are aware that logging in to the website will share that information with the app. In this case, it is between the Xfinity website and the Xfinity Home app.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!