Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity home security app

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity home security app

Can't arm/disarm, access camera, or turn lights on or off! Basically useless!! Error code 11311 shows when I attempt to turn the lights on. Suffered through false alarms and had a no show for an appointment!! Beyond dissatisfied with xfinity!!!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity home security app

Hi Ckimjo - 

I pulled up your account.  Could you please tell me which device you are experiencing these errors on?

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Rachel,
For the past week, that I have noticed, could quite possibly be longer, the app hasn't worked. You can't access the cameras, turn lights on/off or arm your system with it. Why are we paying for a service that doesn't work?
Official Employee

Hi Ckimjo - 

I'd like to help troubleshoot the issue.  It may be easier for me to open a ticket on your behalf so a tech can reach out & work with you directly on this issue.

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

It seems A LOT of customers are experiencing the same problem with the mobile app! I don't see how troubleshooting with a tech is going to be a solution?!!
Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

When can we see a fix???
Frequent Visitor

It's working for the time being.
Frequent Visitor

Isn't working yet AGAIN!!
Official Employee

Ckimjo - 

Each error can have multiple root causes.  Working individually with a tech will help us better understand the issues you are experiencing as well as your system.

Thanks,

Rachel

Contributor

My home security app will crash when i go in and try to turn off or turn on a security sensor.  I have come to the conclusion it is the app itself.  The newer version on my Samsung S7 Edge phone quit working right about 3-4 weeks ago.  I did still have the older version of the app on my Samsung tablet.  The app on the tablet worked fine.  Then i un installed it.  Re installed the app with the newer software update.  Guess what ??, the app now not working like on my tablet now.  The app definately has a bug in it... that needs to be fixed