Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity Home iOS app & iOS 9.

Official Employee

Xfinity Home iOS app & iOS 9.

We wanted to provide you with an update on iOS 9 as it related to the XFINITY Home iOS app.  Today, Apple is scheduled to release iOS 9, the latest version of their operating system.  While the XFINITY Home mobile app runs well on iOS9 and we have not observed any problems with functionality, you may notice some minor UI misalignments.  Our team is finalizing our changes so that our application will look just as beautiful on iOS 9 as it does on iOS 8.  If you are experiencing any issues related to the iOS 9 update, please feel free to respond to this thread and we’ll investigate it as part of our on-going work.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Home iOS app & iOS 9.

Same error code  and I download the new Apple update.  Just fix the problem!  

New Poster

When are you going to make this app work on the Apple Watch ?? How cool would that be to arm and dis arm the system from your wrist I'm sad that you don't have this already !!
Regular Visitor

What's up Comcast? When will I get the service I'm paying for?  When will my xfinity home app work?  This is totally ridiculous!  Such a rip off!  

Problem Solver

Kriewis07, are you sure you are logging in with your primary Comcast email address? I think that is what is causing a lot of subscribers to have this issue!

New Poster

I am trying to sign into the Xfinity Home app and I am continually getting errors. Comcast - in there infinite knowledge - set up Xfinity home on my secondary email address and not the primary on the account.  I sign into the Web Portal with my secondary email - but neither email address will work on the iPhone app.  

Anyone have any ideas?

I have contacted support twice and nobody can tell me what email to use - They are escalating and it will be 48 to 96 hours.  If I do not get a response soon I will be cancelling my service as I am still int he 72 hour period.  Sofar nobody has contacted me!!!!!

Official Employee

Hi JRosinke88 - 

I pulled up your account & see successful sign ins & activity.  Are you still experiencing this issue?  Additionally, I can update your account information to reflect the @comcast.net email address you'd prefer to use when signing in to your account.  If you'd like to have that updated, please private message me.

Thanks!

Rachel

Regular Visitor

When I sign on under my primary email address, it gives an Error Session message.  Just not a great app

Official Employee

Hi krlewis07 - 

I pulled up your account & see you are trying to sign in with an email address that is not associated with your Xfinity Home security account.  The address you are trying looks to be the primary on your general Comcast account.  I will private message you with the email address to use with the Xfinity Home mobile app.

Thanks,

Rachel

Regular Visitor

Errors here also. What a waste of an app.

Official Employee

clokwise9 - 

I private messaged you about the sign in issues you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Rachel

Regular Visitor

STILL CANT OPEN APP FROM MY IPHONE!!!!! Can't check cameras, can't arm the system yet still have to pay for this junk system for 2 years. Direct tv here we come.
Official Employee

Hi Billmcgough3 - 

I responded to you on the other thread.  Were you able to follow the below steps?  

• Restart the app (Close the app and open it again.)
  • Restart your device (Turn your device off and back on.)
  • Check for iOS updates (I know you said you recently updated the app, but have you updated your phone's operating system?)
  • Install another app from the App Store (Try installing a different app that you don't have on your device. Find a free app from the App Store & download using the same Apple ID that you used to download the Xfinity Home app.)
  • Delete and reinstall the app.

If you have, we can move forward with more troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Rachel

Regular Visitor

That worked thank you!!
Official Employee

Billmcgough3 - 

Happy to help!  Please reach out if you need help in the future.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

I'm getting an error #21001 when logging into the app. Can you tell me why? Is this related to iOS 9?
Official Employee

Hi Chybrown

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your name and account to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix.  I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

New Poster

13999 code issue. Please help!
Official Employee

Hi Bonefishmak -

We are aware of an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers have been and continue to actively work on this issue. When resolved, App & Portal functionality will be restored & nothing will be needed to be done on your end.  I will provide updates to the pinned message at the top of this thread as they become available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

Add my name to those having a problem.
New Poster

It's been over a week with the same error messages. We still cannot use the app. Please fix the problem! We will be changing providers. Comcast customer service over the phone is horrible.
Official Employee

Thomas41 & Mtbiers -

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused. We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions.

Thanks,

Rachel