Community Forum

Xfinity Home app on android stops working when trying to sign in

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Home app on android stops working when trying to sign in

When I try to sign in to the Home app on my Galaxy S5, a window pops up that says Unfortunately Home has stopped. This is a new install of Home. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The phone software is up to date, In fact this occured after a factory reset on the phone. The app has worked in the past ( a couple of months ago, before the factory reset).

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home app on android stops working when trying to sign in

@pdavidg wrote:

When I try to sign in to the Home app on my Galaxy S5, a window pops up that says Unfortunately Home has stopped. This is a new install of Home. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The phone software is up to date, In fact this occured after a factory reset on the phone. The app has worked in the past ( a couple of months ago, before the factory reset).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Home-App/xfinity-home-app-crashes-on-abdroid/td-p/3090919

Official Employee

pdavidg -- 

Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & see successful app activity on my end.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

Right after posting my question I saw that a new version of the app was made available yesterday. Uninstalling my app and installing the new version solved the problem. Thanks for responding to my post!

Official Employee

pdavidg --

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know!  Glad the update was able to help!

Rachel