Community Forum

Xfinity Home App login error loop

New Poster

Xfinity Home App login error loop

Xfinity Home App login error "We're having some trouble logging you in." "Try Again" over and over ever since the Nov 6th App update. It has kicked me out and won't let me login again. Please fix the App login issue.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Home App login error loop

Android App - updated on Nov 6th latest update. Already tried reinstalling. Yes I can get to it through the web browser just not the App.

Official Employee

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the frustration. I've pulled up your account & shared with engineering to troubleshoot. I'll reach out when I have more information.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Having same problem. App used to work on Samsung Galaxy S9 when alarm system first installed. Now app says i am already logged in and does not progress. All permissions are on. I can access thru web browser on phone (no Flash, though).... full access from web browser on laptop. Uninstalled phone app and installed again multiple times. Called tech support but nobody called back.
Regular Visitor

Same problem here. Tech installed the system and all is working great EXCEPT the android app. Won't login, inserted user name and password and it does nothing. The tech had me login with his Iphone and it worked perfectly, just not on an android device. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

jimslmor & iseiler - Thank you for reaching out.  I've pulled up both of your accounts & shared them with engineering to include in their troubleshooting.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I found that my default browser was Microsoft Edge and it don't work. I changed the default browser to Chrome and all is well. Everything seems to be working for now. Smiley Happy

Official Employee

iseiler - Thank you for taking the time to let me know!

jimslmor - I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. 

New Poster

I just tried Iseiler's solution and changed my default browser from Edge to Chrome and the app is now working.  Imagine that!

New Poster

Good job!  Works for me too!