Community Forum

Xfinity App Stopped Working

New Poster

Xfinity App Stopped Working

About a month ago I noticed that my Xfinity Home app was taking me directly to a login screen. After putting my user name and password in, the screen does nothing. It never loads beyond that point. If I input the wrong password, I get an error message but with the correct one it just hangs on that login screen. I have a Samsung S8+. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but it is not fixing the issue. Please help. Thanks!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity App Stopped Working

Lothorian -- Thanks for reaching out.  Can you please try clearing the app cache/app data for the Xfinity Home app?

Clear App Cache - 

Settings > Apps > Tap Xfinity Home app > Storage > CLEAR CACHE

Clear App Data - 
Settings > Apps > Tap Xfinity Home app > Storage > CLEAR DATA > DELETE

Once you perform these steps, can you let me know if you're able to sign in successfully?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi there! I was able to clear the cache and delete all data for the app. Now when I use the app it brings up a screen that says "You're already logged in as:", displays my login ID, and when I click continue... Same result. Nothing happens. 😕
Official Employee

Lothorian -- Thanks so much for performing those steps & getting back to me.  I've pulled up your account & shared with engineering to troubleshoot. I'll reach out when I have more information.

Some followup troubleshooting steps/questions for you -- 

Are you able to sign into Xfinity Home (home.xfinity.com) via a computer?  

Can you confirm the default Browser app you are using?  You can check this by navigating to --

Settings > Apps > Tap the three dots in the top right > Default Apps 

From there you should see what Browser app is default.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I did confirm that I can log in from a home computer today... But I have great news! The problem is fixed. When I looked at my default browser, I was shocked to see that it had changed to Edge. I changed it back Chrome, which is my preferred browser and voila! The app started immediately working again. I'm not sure what ninja app decided to hijack my defaults and promote Edge in this case, but switching back to Chrome fixed the issue for me. Thanks for your help and patience.
Official Employee

Lothorian -- So glad to hear it.  Please reach out if you need any troubleshooting help in the future.