Community Forum

XFinity Home app will not stay open

Regular Visitor

XFinity Home app will not stay open

I just recently got upgraded to XFinity Home, but after installing the XFinity Home app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 smart phone, it will keep crashing. It will not let me get to any in app settings to see if there is a problem there. I did uninstalla and reinstall the app but when it goes to the home page in the app it still crashes.

Official Employee

Re: XFinity Home app will not stay open

Hi @Tobimaro

Thanks for posting to the Forum. I can take a deeper look into this for you. I want to do some basic troubleshooting and will need to access your account. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

What was the outcome of this? I have the same issue even after re-install.
Regular Visitor

@Fairytales wrote:
What was the outcome of this? I have the same issue even after re-install.

No resolution as of yet. I will post when the technicians find a fix. However, I would suggest that you turn off the wifi on your phone and then run the app. The app worked for me that way.

Official Employee

Hi @Tobimaro

I just wanted to let you know I'm going to reach out for an update again. I'll follow up when I receive a response.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, turning off wifi and then using the app worked. Thank you!