Community Forum

X Finity Home App and Website Will Not Let Me Arm/Disarm alarm

New Poster

X Finity Home App and Website Will Not Let Me Arm/Disarm alarm

Ever since the update, I am not able to set the alarm or check the cameras on the phone or on my computer.

When I open the app, it takes me to a screen with a pic of a house and a blue link that says add device. When I hit add device a new screen with cameras and other devices I do not have are listed. When I click on the camera option it says communication error. Other than that, there is no other option to set the alarm, change rules, etc. like it used to let me do.

When I try to login online, I go to the home portal but when I click on home security, a new window pops up and i have to login again and then once I do, it takes me to the page to sign up for the package, but I already have it. It will not let me view the cameras, set the alarms, or arm/disarm the system on the website.

I do not know who made these changes to the site and the app, but they need to be fired.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X Finity Home App and Website Will Not Let Me Arm/Disarm alarm

When you go to My Account, does Home as being connected?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

myleage390 -- 

Thanks for reaching out. To pull up your account, I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

I am having the same issue.
Official Employee

Kyulm7 -- 

I was able to pull up your account.  Can you please share some screenshots of what you are experiencing?  You can attach images by clicking on "Photos" (the camera icon) when you are posting a reply.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

I'm having this issue too. I can't get anywhere from the screen with the house and the address device button on the bottom. I can arm and disarm from my house but not from my phone
Official Employee

sickboy13 -- 

Thanks for reaching out. To pull up your account, I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

im having the same issue... ever since update i can not arm or disarm home from my mobile device... just stuck on blue screen with pic of a house.. cant do anything past that
Highlighted
Official Employee

astrouble -- 

I pulled up your account and will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

I am having the same issue as the original post.
Official Employee

brianjyun -- I pulled up your account.  Are you still experiencing this issue?