Community Forum

When will the WIndows Phone 8 version of the Xfinity Home Security app be released?

New Poster

When will the WIndows Phone 8 version of the Xfinity Home Security app be released?

Need it yesterday.

New Poster

Re: When will the WIndows Phone 8 version of the Xfinity Home Security app be release

i agree i needed it a few weeks back as well love paying for a service which i can not use due to comcasts lacking of apps for the phone

Regular Visitor

Re: When will the WIndows Phone 8 version of the Xfinity Home Security app be release

I need the app for my Windows 8 Phone.  I just purchased Home Security but found out that there was no Windows 8 app after the 3 business day cooling off period.  There is absolutely no reason that a company like this to not have a Windows 8 App.  No demand is not an excuse nor is it true.  If customers come on board with bundled services then why doesn't Comcast spend a little bit to develop a Windows 8 Phone App for Home Security.  I will not put the advertisement sign in my yard until I get the app and can prove it works.

Regular Visitor

Sorry to say (sort of) but the major reason I just downgraded my Internet and TV only and ditched the Home Security devices was because there was no way to control my Home Security from outside the home because there is No Window 8 Phone App.  

After I downgraded to the previous package, I switched out the replacement router and tv boxes without issue.  The Home Security department and the Loyalty department had differing opinions on whether they would or could come out and uninstall the Home Security portion.  One said "No" and the other said "Yes".  Twice.  Then when I rearranged my schedule to meet the technician at my house to uninstall the Home Security piece he said they could not do it.  He even called his supervisor and the dispatch to confirm they couldn't.  Then I called back and peacefully stated my case.  Then about an hour later a different tech came to retreive the Home Security device.  I believe Comcast is scrambling to suck up enough "suckers" before Google Fiber comes in another month or so.  Comcast only installs and collects a fee, friends.  

Comcast refuses to compete with Internet Only pricing and force the user to subscribe to channels with unpopular and useless channels bundled with Internet to get you a better price.  Their business model is seriously lacking and not in the customers best interest.  

After being a customer of theirs for 10 years, I really don't think they care enough to compete.

Regular Visitor

It is time for Xfinity to add a Home security app to Windows Phone Store.  Xfinity Home has ignored Windows Phone too long and it is a huge source of customer dissatisfaction--check the other customer forums.  Windows Phone is the third largest mobile phone ecosystem. Somebody at Comcast recognized that it was important enough to build a Comcast app to manage TV now it is time to do the same for home automation. There are more options for home automation providers than cable providers. Keep that in mind if you want people to stick with you for multiple services. Thanks for listening and please do something useful with this feedback rather than the usual tendency to ignore or say you are "evaluaing other platforms."