Community Forum

Updated app doesn't work

New Poster

Updated app doesn't work

After all the posts I've read on the app store, as well as this forum, it is very clear, whatever "update" they did doesn't work.  We have had 3 techs out to our house within the last 2 weeks and none of them can fix it since it is NOT a system issue, it is an APP issue!!! I can view the cameras from the touchscreen and the TV but can't from either one of our phones.  I'm tired of being on hold and being passed around to different departments trying to troubleshoot this issue.  I've reset everything multiple times, uninstalling and re-installing, unplugging and plugging back in, everything they tell you to do over the phone and on the app.  This system is completly pointless if I can't view my home with the cameras while I'm away with the app.  I'm ready to cancel everything.  I'm paying for a service I can't use and I'm tired of it!  

New Poster

Re: Updated app doesn't work

Also, it is clear that multiple people are having issues with this app and what are they doing to fix it???????

Silver Problem Solver

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @jynx328

Sorry for the experience you're having with the XFINITY Home app. I'd be more than happy to take a deeper look into this and do some troubleshooting to see if I can help get this resolved. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Having the same problems.  All I have now after the update instead of a black Xfinity Home icon is a white one that does not work on my Android 6.0 Marshmallow Tablet.  The updated version produces a message "Could not connect to camera".  What have the advanced developement team done to us now?