Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Unable to add devices through Home App

New Poster

Unable to add devices through Home App

I have some home automation devices that I have been trying to add unsuccessfully. For instance the nest thermostat and Phillips lights. I follow all of the instructions to add a device but I hit a wall where a screen pops up with the words "we were unable to connect to your account. Please exit the thread and try again later." I have tried again later, its been 3 weeks. No service agent or comcast IT person has been able to help me. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Official Employee

Re: Unable to add devices through Home App

Jhieme20 -- 

Thanks for reaching out.  I've been able to pull up your account & share with engineering to troubleshoot. 

Rachel

New Poster

Thank you I appreciate any help I can get.
New Poster

Any luck???

New Poster

I have the same problem with the same two apps.  It seems to work on the side of the apps. When I log into the nest app, it shows multiple permissions granted to the Xfinity Home App but the execution never completes (I have also tried several times) 

New Poster

Anything to fix this issue? I got a message asking if my problem was fixed, it is not. Please help.

Official Employee

GAKnutse & Jhieme20 -- 

Can you please confirm you are using the most up to date version of the Xfinity Home app (9.10)?

Thanks!

Rachel