Community Forum

Thermostat error code 11311

New Poster

Re: Thermostat error code 11311

Any updates, now I cannot access the thermostat online either and the mobile app would not load last night on my phone, error code 120001. 

David

Official Employee

Hi David - 

We experienced an issue on the night of 8/10 which caused some users to receive errors like you've mentioned.  This issue has been handled.  I've pulled up your account & everything looks correct in that respect.

As for the thermostat issues: your ticket is still being investigated.  I will follow up with you here.

Thanks,

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Nov till Aug and no solution posted? What is the point of the forum? Can someone post a solution to the 11311 error code?
New Poster

I hope Rachel H can help me also. I am getting the 11311 Error when I try to disarm my Infinity Home from my Iphone.  I tried to call Comcast this AM and got put on hold for 20 minutes.  Then the guy I finally talked to wanted to shift me to someone else and managed to hang up on me.  Never called back of course, even though he had all my contact info. 

New Poster

I hope Rachel H can help me also. I am getting the 11311 Error when I try to disarm my Infinity Home from my Iphone.  I tried to call Comcast this AM and got put on hold for 20 minutes.  Then the guy I finally talked to wanted to shift me to someone else and managed to hang up on me.  Never called back of course, even though he had all my contact info.

Official Employee

Hi lmanaya & marywalta2486 - 

We are currently addressing an issue that is causing similar errors for customers who are using the Xfinity Home mobile app.  Based on the times you've posted, it's likely you are affected.  We are already working to resolve these issues.  

I have noted your accounts so that I can follow up with each of you to make sure your issues have been addressed.

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem with my app. Please help.
Official Employee

Hi rdntknight

We are currently addressing an issue that is causing similar errors for customers who are using the Xfinity Home mobile app. Based on the time you've posted, it's likely you are affected. We are already working to resolve these issues.

I have noted your account so that I can follow up with you to make sure your issue has been addressed.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

I have the same issue.  Please start a ticket for me

Regular Visitor

we have the same issue on our home alarm system when using our phones to arm & disarm it. ERROR 11311
New Poster

I have had the same error all day today.
New Poster

I started with this error and now I'm getting 43403 and nothing on my mobile app works. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Please add me to whatever list is being compiled and open a ticket. Thanks.

New Poster

Posted on 6-1. No resolution.  Still cannot update thermostat and now we cannot arm or disarm from tablet or phone!  

Official Employee

nosnittap, bryanyumul, stewart187, BishopOConnell, Robin12265 -

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your names and accounts to a ticket to confirm your issues are resolved once we've issued a fix. I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Additionally, Robin12265 - I pulled up the ticket that was created for you from 6/1 & see that our techs needed to reach you directly to troubleshoot, made several attempts to contact you but were unable to reach you by phone.  I am adding a note that you are still experiencing this issue and we will address this as well.  

Thanks, 

Rachel

New Poster

Thank you Rachel

Official Employee

Hi Robin12265 & all -

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused. We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter addional service interruptions.

Robin12265 - I have a note on your account to follow up with you to resolve the thermostat issues you had been experiencing previous to this issue.

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Hi Rachael,

Again. Some more. Ever since the national problem last week. Thermostat can not be controlled by anything, apps, control screen or internet... back to walking up the stairs.

Schedule manager doesn't work either.

We have been through this how many times now? When will it end? 

Please have national tech reset our thermostat... it is the only thing that works... until the next time it goes down.

Also, last week, we were told we would be compensated for all the down time and hassles. We were told that two months ago, as well. They gave us a credit for something like $8. Really? This system hasn't worked since we got it for more than ten days or so at a time.

Our neighbors came over day before yesterday and said, "We are thinking about getting xfinity." Any guess what we told them?

Frequent Visitor

Oh yeah... this is what you get online:

Thermostat

Multiple Troubles

Official Employee

Hi chaplainskip - 

I completely understand your frustration.  I will check in with the tech assigned to your ticket.  At this point, they're the best contact to work with you on this issue.

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

8 days and NO ONE has contacted us. Thermostat still needs to be reset. STILL doesn't work with app or your own internet portal.

Official Employee

Hi chaplainskip - 

I truly am sorry about how long this has taken.  I know our techs are still handling the many customers who reported problems with their app/systems during the issues we experienced recently.  I will check in to see where they are at with your ticket.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

Nobody has contacted me.  Still cannot use iPad to control thermostat or set alarm.  System is not remembering heat settings. 

Official Employee

Hi Robin12265 - 

I can check on your ticket like I have for chaplainskip.  I really do apologize for the frustration.  The techs are working through all the tickets from the incident we recently experienced.

Rachel

New Poster

Having Same Issue.  Error 11311 on mobile app and "multiple troubles" on website when trying to adjust 2 thermostats.

Official Employee

Hi bskepner - 

I pulled up your account & have opened up a ticket on your behalf.

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Is there any solution to 11311 when trying to change the tstat from mobile app.

Official Employee

jgs7800 - 

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.  We’ve been able to restore service to the Xfinity Home mobile app after the recent issue we experienced.  If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me so I can troubleshoot with you directly.

Thanks,

Rachel

Regular Visitor

Same issue. Can you assist please?

Official Employee

Hi Pmvitry - 

I've opened a ticket up on your behalf & a tech should reach out to you directly.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

For months I have been getting the following error when I try to turn on thermostat from my iPhone or iPad: Update Thermostat Error, We've encountered an error. Please try again. [Error: #11311]. When I tap the hyperlink for Solution on this form, I am led to many others having the same problem. What is the solution? Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi dsc2020 -- 

Can you try exiting the app & turning the wifi on your device off -- then tap on the app & try to update your thermostat?  

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

This is so frustrating. Instead of opening up a ticket, why doesn't someone just list the troubleshooting steps. I hate xfinity with a passion: my cable tv box doesn't work, my thermostats don't work, and my internet chooses when to stay on. I ask for a call back, no one calls. When I have time, I'm going to file a report with the FCC and file a lawsuit.
New Poster

We're having this error code when trying to adjust the thermostat. It's a new system and its already our second thermostat. Any quick solutions? I see this thread is from 2915
Official Employee

Hi Woot28 -- 

I mentioned this above, but can you try exiting the app & turning the wifi on your device off -- then tap on the app & try to update your thermostat?  

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

Yeah...I read that and had already tried that. Didn't work. Anymore ideas?
Official Employee

Hi Woot28 -- 

I have already opened up a ticket on your behalf to investigate this issue. A tech should reach out to you directly to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

Hello,

I am currently getting the Error #11311 which is not enabling me to Arm or Disarm via the app. Please help.

Thanks...

Official Employee

Hi skim10 -- 

I pulled up your account & opened up a ticket on your behalf.  A tech should reach out to you directly for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

Please open a ticket for me. Having Same Issue. Error 11311 on mobile app when trying to adjust 2 thermostats.
New Poster

Hello. I'm having the same problem again error 1311
Official Employee

Ryry355 & Woot28 -- 

I've already pulled up both of your accounts & opened up tickets on your behalf.  Techs should be reaching out to the both of you shortly.

Thanks!

Rachel