Community Forum

Still cannot see Xfinity home cameras with LTE network on At n T

Regular Visitor

Still cannot see Xfinity home cameras with LTE network on At n T

I have not been able to see Xfinity home security cameras on my IPhone for four months unless I am on Wi-Fi . Since LTE has upgraded in our area , (NH)neither LTE or 4G are compatible on camera viewing via the Xfinity home app. I spoke with xfinity home technichians and they verified that my model security cameras are compatible with Wi-Fi, 3G,4G, and LTE.
I have tried turning off my LTE and it directly goes to the 4G network and is not viewable,
I can however, see the cameras beautifully where 3G is still available but it is very limited areas and nowhere near Work, etc. I’ve had Xfinity home come out and check my camera connections and even moved my router and WiFi so everything is now close to the security cameras. I have also decreased the projection of my cameras down from HD viewing to the lowest resolution possible. I have contacted AT n T several times and they claim there is nothing on their end. I have removed any restrictions on live streaming from my data plan. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity home app several times and had my data connection on IPhone 6 “reset” and my data connection tested on several occasions. I have taken all of the recommended updates for iOS. ( can’t see cameras on I pad either) It’s too bad I could see my cameras for the last four years and now I can’t unless I’m on Wi-Fi if which isn’t always available. I would appreciate any suggestions or maybe something new has developed since I gave up in November. Thank you
Official Employee

Re: Still cannot see Xfinity home cameras with LTE network on At n T

coldsprings -- 

Thanks for taking the time to post.  I was able to pull up your account information & share it with our engineering team, so we can take a closer look at what might be happening.  I will let you know when I have more information!

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employee

coldsprings -- 

We made a change on our end.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Rachel

Regular Visitor

It worked. This is amazing. Have called in about this more than one dozen times and I just happened to come across this forum and hit a solve! Many Thanks!!
Official Employee

coldsprings -- 

So happy to hear we were able to get this resolved for you.  Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know!  Please don't hesisitate to reach out if you need any troubleshooting help in the future.

Rachel

Regular Visitor

I am expeiriencing the same issue following update of the XFinity Home App.

Regular Visitor

Re: Still cannot see Xfinity home cameras with LTE network on Verizon

The only difference is that my carrier is Verizon

Regular Visitor

Can connect if connected to the XFinity Home router only over wifi.  I have another router in my home, and even when connected to wifi on that router cannot connect.  Must be connected to the same router that the cameras are connected to to connect to the cameras.

Official Employee

Cgolston - Can you try updating the app?

Regular Visitor

I just updated, and still the same issue.

Regular Visitor

Now on version 9.26.2.313506 and still the same issue.

Regular Visitor

Rachel, as noted in your above posts, you were able to resolve this issue for another user by changing something on your side.  Have you had an opportunity to check this for me?  Also, if you have not seen, I have updated the App, uninstalled again completely and reinstalled, and am still not able to connect to the cameras unless my cell phone is connected to my home router.

Official Employee

Cgolston -- I apologize for the frustration.  I'm continuing to work with engineering on a resolution for the issue you are experiencing.  

Regular Visitor

Thanks.  I will continue to standby.

Regular Visitor

Hello.  Any update from engineering?

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue on multiple devices, 2 are Android and 2 are IOS.  Both IOS devices.  3 are Verizon and 1 is AT&T.  Is there something you can do to fix this?

Regular Visitor

This seems to be more of a widespread problem affecting many users.  Are there any updates from comcast on this.  I believe that some are looking to other security systems, as this is a very important function of the service that has not been available since the update to XFininty Home App.

Official Employee

Cgolston -- Can you provide the brand and models of the two routers that you're using?

New Poster

Having the same issue, at. Has been with galaxy. Note 5,8 and 9. Tech support tried the normal restart of all equip, reinstall app, etc. Cant view camera. Help!
Official Employee

Oscarj11783 -- Are you able to view cameras over WiFi?

Regular Visitor

I still cannot view unless connected to xfinity router or modem
Official Employee

Cgolston -- We're still investigating the issue you're experiencing.  Can you provide the brand and models of the two routers that you're using?

Oscarj11783 -- We made a change on our end -- are you able to view the cameras now?

Regular Visitor

No, I am still not able to view. I have the latest router / modem. It is all in one
Official Employee

Cgolston -- In your earlier post, you say...

"Can connect if connected to the XFinity Home router only over wifi. I have another router in my home, and even when connected to wifi on that router cannot connect. Must be connected to the same router that the cameras are connected to to connect to the cameras."

Can you clarify the models of the two routers you call out above?