Recent xfinity home app update

Official Employee

Re: Recent xfinity home app update

Motownwv,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No more issues here. Once I named my phone the app worked fine

New Poster

Just did update and cant view camera images through app either please help
Contributor

What do you mean by "naming your phone"?  We are having all kinds of issues with the home security.

New Poster

I have an iPad original (ver 1 I suppose) The latest OS for it is 5.1.x.. My Xfinity home app now requires me to upgrade but the upgrade also requires OS 6 or later. Is it true you have abandoned those of us who can't upgrade our iPad to some later edition? If Bank of America can still update today please don't tell me it's a "security reason". Thanks
New Poster

I keep getting the error 13999 message. Can't see camera on wifi???
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Kuczmarshall - 

I believe the error stems from the model of touchscreen you have.  I've opened up a ticket & a tech should be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

We have the same problem, we have the latest for our iPhone 6sPlus. My husband and I cannot get logged into to the home app to adjust out lights, thermostat, since we cannot login. We have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and even rebooted the entire system. We tried on out tablets he has a Samsung and I have an iPad, still not able to login! When I called I was told they are looking into it, that was a week ago! Still not working! Here is the kicker since we cannot login to use the app my lights no longer come on at the designated time. So now we come home in the dark. Our other option is to install our security system and put lights on timers! That is what my husband is planning on doing!
Official Employee

Ho HughesC58. Sorry for the experience you are having. This was a known service interruption that should now be resolved. Can you confirm if you are still getting that error? If so, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

New Poster

So finally after my husband was passed around to theee different departments he was finally connected to advanced technology and they finally got it resolved. When Comcast did the upgrade they didn't import the correct email address or the full email address. We are working!!
Silver Problem Solver

Would you be able to check the "Choose this solution" box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

HughesC58 -- 

Thanks for letting us know!

Rachel