Community Forum

Re: Can't view live cameras on Xfinity Home App

New Poster

Any update on this problem? Just had it installed today. Works great from the touch screen, but cannot watch live view from the APP on my phone
Silver Problem Solver

@mhawkins328 wrote:
Any update on this problem? Just had it installed today. Works great from the touch screen, but cannot watch live view from the APP on my phone

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874 and see what they say.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi,
I’ve had the system for several years and experienced several issues but have been able to trouble shoot them until Xfinity is able to fix the issue.

Uninstall the APP and reinstall the APP and try again. I found the system would say it was not recording, or I could not see any activity for any period of time. Sometimes it did say it was on 24/7, yet I could see nothing. Go on the APP go to the Camera you want to see and turn on and off the 24/7 recording. You should be able to see the camera and any activity that was recorded for the past time even though it originally said it didn’t, however you do have to go camera by camera and turn the 24/7 off/on. You have to keep tricking the system but you find the information. In your case with no cameras I could trick the system for a while but Xfinity had to come out for a reinstall, sometimes a wire is crossed. Or they had to add a service to my account and then delete it to cause the account to react and my home system to work. Trust me I pushed and tried everything.

I also found that after watching 2-4 of the activity videos the videos would go black and I would have to go out of the APP and back in.

If you call Xfinity ask to go to level 2 or 3 the initial team can not handle your type of system error.

Let me know I have other ideas. I tried a lot of things.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem