Community Forum

Mobile Apps: It’s ok... for the most part

Frequent Visitor

Mobile Apps: It’s ok... for the most part

The Xfinity Home app for iOS...
I wouldn’t pay for the app!
Good thing it’s free.

Use FaceID and it still requires the PIN to be entered.

Buggy.

Freezes up or let you stare at a hypnotizing spinning icon for ever because it forgets what it was supposed to do.

Regularly have to force close the app and restart it to get it to work.

And in the day of modern technology and home integration... no Siri or Alexa integration.

Best App Store rating I could muster for it was 3 stars. And that’s at best.

App used to be better, until iOS versions updated and worked better on X than Xs iPhone models.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Mobile Apps: It’s ok... for the most part

WLP-Colorado -- Are you using FaceID when launching the app or when arming/disarming?  Could you try disabling and then re-enabling FaceID to see if this helps?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In reply to @ComcastRachelH , where you said:

"Are you using FaceID when launching the app or when arming/disarming?  Could you try disabling and then re-enabling FaceID to see if this helps?"

Well it is either on (for everything) or off. So, I use it to unlock and arm/disarm.

It works to unlock the app and give me access.

It will scan my face for the arm/disarm, but does not do anything. I still have to enter the PIN.

I have done what you suggested already. That made no difference.

It worked fine until the iOS updates, and also moving from a iPhone X to the Xs.

Either it is the change in phone model or the change in the iOS.

From reading the various forums pages, I see that I AM NOT the only one with the same issue.

This is not isolated to just me.

It seems that this is a widespread issue that remains without resolution.

Highlighted
Official Employee

WLP-Colorado -- Can you please send me a Private Message & provide a screenshot of settings in the XH app?  (More > Settings.)

You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ok...
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I will have to do it from my PC as I see no option to add a picture to a PM from mobile access.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

As a side note, this issue is not just on my phone alone. My spouse has the exact same issue as well.

Both of our phones do this same thing. And, if I am not mistaken, I believe my spouse also told me that it happens on the iPad as well.