Community Forum

I cant sign in to Home app.

Frequent Visitor

I cant sign in to Home app.

First it tells me I'm already signed in, as my user name, I click continue and nothing happens. Then I try to sign in as another user, put in my ID and PW and it does Nothing again. I can go to website via browser and it let's me log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but get the same results. How can I get this fixed?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: I cant sign in to Home app.

@tloker wrote:
First it tells me I'm already signed in, as my user name, I click continue and nothing happens. Then I try to sign in as another user, put in my ID and PW and it does Nothing again. I can go to website via browser and it let's me log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but get the same results. How can I get this fixed?

Look at what usernames are assigned to your account.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I did look at username and the userid in app matches as does the password. Still I get the same problem. It will not connect.
Official Employee

Hi, tloker. Which device is this happening on?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My Samsung S8 android phone
Official Employee

OK and do you have any other device that has this app on it or a different device that you can get this app on?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

My son has an iPhone I can try on his
Official Employee

Would you mind? That would help us narrow this down. Chances are, it will work on his iPhone and if that's the case, I can help you correct it on your phone. Thank you very much, I'll be on standby. 

Frequent Visitor

I logged in on my sons iPhone. There seems to have been a program update a day or so before I found the problem. I cant remember if i used the app in the interim period. I also cant use the connect app. Same problem.
Official Employee

Got it. That's very interesting you're having trouble with more than one app. Can you please send me a private message with your name so I can look into some things on this end? I'll also check to see if we have reports from others experiencing similar trouble. 

Frequent Visitor

Ok