Community Forum

Home app stuck 'opening'

New Poster

Home app stuck 'opening'

Screenshot attached.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've even bought a new phone and the problem is the same.

This is the only accessible screen. No ability to sign in, or out, or use navigation. Just the three dots loading.

I can sign in on the web, and the actual hardware is working.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Tags (4)
Screenshot_20180914-164516.png
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Home app stuck 'opening'

Are you connected to your gateway's SSID with that device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Adam856 -- 

Can you try clearing App Cache and Data from your device?

To do so, first open the Settings menu, then tap Apps & Notifications.  Tap on the Xfinity Home app, then tap the Force Stop button.  When the app is closed, tap Storage then Clear Cache.  Then try opening the app again.  If the issue persists, you may need to repeat these steps.

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Adam856 -- Wanted to check in again with you.  We released an updated version of the app which we think may also help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I’m having the same issue with My Account app and the Home app. I have an iPhone and it seems that login.Comcast.net will not let me login when I’m connected to Wi-Fi. The exact same issue popped up when I try to login to this message board. I had to turn off Wi-Fi and connect via cellular.