Community Forum

Home Security app not connecting when using wifi

New Poster

Home Security app not connecting when using wifi

Since last few days, I am unable to connect to home security using my app whenever I am on my WiFi. As soon as I disconnect from WiFi and connect to cellular, the app gets connected. So every time when I am returning home or leaving, I have to disconnect from WiFi before I can use the app. This is becoming a little frustrating. Can someone help?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Home Security app not connecting when using wifi

@Lalitbansal83 wrote:
Since last few days, I am unable to connect to home security using my app whenever I am on my WiFi. As soon as I disconnect from WiFi and connect to cellular, the app gets connected. So every time when I am returning home or leaving, I have to disconnect from WiFi before I can use the app. This is becoming a little frustrating. Can someone help?

Are you sure you are using the correct SSID/password to connect to your wifi?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It doesn’t like to always connect properly regardless of what signal the phone uses. WiFi. Mobile data. Either way it has issues.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for reporting this issue. We investigated the issue and have fixed a networking issue on our backend servers. Can you please confirm if you are still facing the issue with not being able to use the app over Wifi but works on LTE? If you are still facing the issue please try rebooting the Wifi gateway/router? If problem still persists please post and we will take a look. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Last night and this morning, so far, seemed to work well from mobile on WiFi.

Now to see if it keeps working...