Community Forum

Garage Door Notifications

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Garage Door Notifications

Not getting Chamberlin open/close alerts on the Xfinity Home app any longer.  Any thoughts around this?  Thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Garage Door Notifications

I have the same problem, called Tier 3 tech support, asked if I were the only one (wide spread issue?) that this is happening to? They said they hadn’t heard of anyone else complain about this issue. Googled the issue, now I’m responding to you, had to create a profile, never knew there was an XFINITY forum. Have you tried anyone troubleshooting? I have not. I may delete the notification, then re-add to see if that helps.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Tried all of that.  Nothing appears to work.  Re-installed the myq app and i get notifications fine.  Somethings up with the XHS app and the alerts.

Usually it usually works it way out.. eventually.. just good to know I am not the only one!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Joey 12 volt
I’m glad I’m not the only one as well. I too have had this problem off and on for months, if not a year or two by now! You’re correct, it seems to eventually work itself out. I called Tier 3 and left a voicemail after I found your post. They wanted me to come home and wipe all my alerts and notifications, that’s rubbish. I knew that wouldn’t work, thanks for saving me the time telling me that didn’t work. I too have down that in the past with mixed results. I’ll let you know more what Tier 3 says tomorrow. Thanks for your time.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Any response back yet?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Talked to them earlier. They wanted me to do the same thing you did, basically wipe everything. Tier 3 told me this is the process engineering requires in order to open a ticket on it. I’m sorry, but I’m not wasting my time wiping my system for 1 little glitch, maybe like you said it’ll work itself out?? Have you tried multiple attempts of clearing out the alerts and push notifications? Did you just do the My Q push on the XFINITY home app push notification? I think you stated you also deleted and downloaded the app again too? I’ve rode this rodeo before and done all I just mentioned Previously to no avail, so I’m not real hopeful. I’ve had this happen multiple times and seen you experience this back in January from a post you made.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Yep.  I deleted the app, reinstalled.. deleted the myq link and re-linked.. deleted the notification and re-added it.. nothing.

So, until it's worked out, I reinstalled the MyQ app on my phone and set that up to alert me and it works just as designed.  I'll un-install it again when the XH alerts begin again 🙂

I believe in January it just started working again one day.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I searched the forums and noticed you had an issue in January, and par for the course I remember I did as well. My Q updated their app on July 20 and XFINITY home updated on July 21 as well as July 30. It usually happens when they do updates, I thought updates were suppose to make our lives easier!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

It does in the long run for sure... growing pains.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Are the notifications still not working for you? Mine are not working still. Both the MyQ and XH apps have been updated to no avail.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Nope. Not working.
Frequent Visitor

It’s up to you, but maybe if you want call XH and ask for technical support and be patched through to tier 3 for troubleshooting or at least tell them it’s not working? Tier 3 tells me the more info they have, the better info they can pass along to engineering to have it resolved, calling may open a ticket on it at least. I’ve called several times and they have ticket open for me, but told me they won’t pass it along to engineering unless I wipe everything, you’ve already done that, even know we know that doesn’t do any good. Just a thought. They’re open 24/7.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My apps MyQ and XH have both updated a couple of times, and still don’t get the notifications. It shows correct status within app ie: door open closed etc. Also can control Door within app, open and close it etc.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

My alerts have started to work again as of this AM!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

YES! I was gonna ask you if yours had as well, so did mine, got busy at work and totally spaced it until I seen an email you replied. I went to open the garage this morning, and the push notification worked that door had opened, then closed the door and push came through it had closed!
🤞it stays this way!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have you checked your timestamps within My q app under history? Mine are wrong, they’re not even close to being correct. I’ve confirmed timezone and zip code, they’re correct.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

To be honest I deleted the MyQ app since our alerts starting working 😉

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

May be a fluke, but are your notifications not working again?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Nope.  They stopped again.. Haven't had a chance to post it yet... so, hope we get traction!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What is so hard about engineering keeping this from crashing all the time? Plus, I’ve noticed that my motion alerts for my XFH cameras now have an audible push notification, I don’t need it audible. It’s all the monkeying around they keep doing, just leave it alone!