Community Forum

FaceID to arm in Xfinity home app

New Poster

FaceID to arm in Xfinity home app

Why can’t you use FaceID to arm in XH? You can use it to unlock the app and to initially start the arm process, but then it prompts you for your PIN. There is even a link at the bottom to use FaceID, but it bombs out and leaves you on the same screen. XH- please fix!
Official Employee

Re: FaceID to arm in Xfinity home app

Kxk243 -- Thanks for reaching out.  I'd like to relay this to engineering so they can take a look.  

Can you first confirm that you have FaceID for Arm/Disarm enabled in the Xfinity Home app settings.  You can check this from the Overview screen > Tap More > then tap Settings.  Then check to see if the toggle near "FaceID for Arm/Disarm" is enabled.

Can you please send me a Private Message & confirm your account information?  Can you also pllease confirm the username you are using to sign into the XH app?  You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi, I have this problem as well. Has this been fixed? Is the app team working on a solution to this bug? Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi Karinae! Thanks for reaching out. FaceID is super cool and it's integration with the XFINITY Home app makes using XFINITY home even more convenient and easy! Let's take a look into your FaceID integration concerns and get tech ops on this. Please send me a private message with your full name for help.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!