Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Error message 43500 on iPad and iPhone App

Frequent Visitor

Error message 43500 on iPad and iPhone App

When I try and log into the iPad and iPhone app for our At Home camera's, etc I get the following message.  Session Error  We've encountered an error.  Please try again  (Error #43500)  I am then unable to log in on either apps.

New Poster

Re: Error message 43500 on iPad and iPhone App

I have been online and on phone for an hour with same error. Seems to have happened when the update occured on my phone. We can no longer log into app.

Official Employee

Hi,

It may be possible that you are trying to log into an account that is not registered with Xfinity Home. You can register with any account, primary or secondary, but after one is registered it is the only account that is used for XHome.

Can you please double check which account you are using?

Thanks,

Shannon

Frequent Visitor

It is the same account that I use on my laptop computer to access the At Home, so if I can log into it on the laptop surely I should be able to log into it through the iPhone app.
Frequent Visitor

So are you saying that if my husband uses his android phone with his log on, I can't use my log on but have to use his on my iPhone? When they first installed the system we were both able to pull it up on our phones using our own account names.
Official Employee

What devices are you using and what color icon is your app?

Frequent Visitor

The app color is black and I use iPhone 5 and iPad 2
Official Employee

vinnysnag & Phoenixsundog -

Can you please try logging into www.comcast.net? Please let me know if you're able to login. If that does work for you, can you please tell us whether you're prompted to update your profile to include a security question/answer?

Thank you for your patience as we attempt to troubleshoot this issue.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry I mean my phone is a 4s
Frequent Visitor

I am able to log in and am not required to put in a security question.
New Poster

I am having the same problem on both my IPad and IPhone 5.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Session error and can not log in on the app but the computer works fine and so does the xfinity connect app just not the xfinity home. I called tech support and she told me I needed to be at home for them to troubleshoot the app?
Official Employee

Hi All,

We can see that the activation is failing but in order to investigate this issue further we need one or more of Comcast user accounts experiencing this issue. 

Can someone please private message me with his/her Comcast user name to help us troubleshoot the issue? Please do not include any other sensitive information.

Thanks,

Shannon

Frequent Visitor

User name is vinnysnag
New Poster

I have an iphone 5s and getting session error please try again Error#23009 - have uninstalled and reinstalled the app same error.  No ios updates in the last couple months. Appreciate any help

Frequent Visitor

Just got off phone with comcast. Seems that only the primary person can have access to log on through android or IOS apps. So if you are not listed as the primary person on your comcast account you can't log on. I logged on as my husband and was able to bring everything up. Stupid.... I told them this had to have changed as I was able to log on under my account in the past. She had no answer to the logic. So try this and see if it works.
Official Employee

vinnysnag -

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Can you please help us troubleshoot your issue by visiting the Xfinity Home Web Portal & try logging in with your username & then do the same with your husband's username?  Are you able to log in with both usernames on the Web Portal or only your husband's username?  This will be helpful information to help us resolve this problem.  Thank you.

Xfinity Home Web Portal:  www.xfinityhomesecurity.com

Frequent Visitor

I am only able to log in with my husband user name, not mine. 

Frequent Visitor

On my computer I am able to log on with my own user name and my husbands user name.  On the apps on iPhone and iPad I can only log on with husbands user name.

Official Employee

So I'm clear, can you please tell me if you're able to access this site with both your & your husband's username?  www.xfinityhomesecurity.com

Once you login, you can manage your Home Security system with either username?

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am able to log onto this web site with both my husband log on (primary account) and my log on.   I am only not able to log on to the APP's on my iPhone and iPad with my log on and can only access the APP's using my husband's log on.

Official Employee

Thank you for verifying.  We are also seeing the same issue & are actively investigating.

Thank you for helping to identify this & I'm sorry for the inconvience.  We hope to get this resolved shortly.

Regular Visitor

Any update here.

I can easily log in thru web. Cannot log in from iphone 5 or ipad mini apps.
Frequent Visitor

I have only gotten one response from them and from their rep who was at our house.  On the aps, only the primary account holder can access Home.  So their suggestion was that we add a new account and password as the primary so we would not have access to each others email.  They are not planning on changing it anytime soon.

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue with both my iPhone5 and iPad air. I spent 2 hours on the phone last night (racking up our total time with Comcast tech to 10 hours at this point since our X1 upgrade). At the end of my phone call we had no resolution, and I have an open ticket for a Tier 2 investigation. 

We went through everything possable, resetting the password, updating account info including emergency numbers (the install tech didn't enter all of the numbers I supplied), rebooting they system, reinstalling the app and rebooting the iPhone/iPad. The tech on the phone with me had 3 other floor techs working with him. 

When I first called he did not belive that I was having this issue, the first comment was "I'm sorry we can't help with an app issue". His next comment was "maybe the app doesn't support your operating system" I had to laugh at that comment, Doesn't support apple iOS? lol

Near the end of our call, after we tried everything concievable I attempted to login. After a 2 minute wait while the app was thinking I got a new error: "#11101" and it said "We've encountered an error, please try agian". for a second I was excited to see a new error, but when I hit submit again, #43500 popped up again.

We have had an absolute nightmare working with Comcast on this upgrade through every step of the way; from setting up the install, waiting for the install, issues with TV service after the install, this app issue etc. 

So now I wait for a Tier 2 call back...

Official Employee

Hi,

Can you log into the app? What color icon is your app?

Thanks,

Shannon

New Poster

my app icon is black with red. I can get into the app correctly, and if I <intentionaly> enter the wrong password it gives me a Login error "username or password is incorrect" so I know the app is functioning. I tested this early on to be sure that the 43500 error was not related to entering the PW wrong.

Can I ask you a question? What exactly does error #43500 refer to? I asked this question to 5 different techs yesterday and every single one answered the same thing "I have no idea". Typically when a Developer creates error codes, they are there to help solve issues, so I would assume that the programers would have a list somewhere that explains what "hiccup" #43500 refers to. 

Frequent Visitor

When the tier II people called me they told me they changed it that only the primary account user name can use the iphone or ipad app.  So if I log on to my phone with my husbands user name and password I can get in without any issue, it is my user name and log on.  They told me that they have no plans to change it.  They suggested we make up another user name and password and make that the primary user and use it only for the security app.   I can log on my computer with my own user name, so I don't get it.

STUPID CHANGE TO APPLICAITON

Official Employee

Hi Vinnysnag,

We are investigating on how to add multiple usernames for the Xfinity Home app.

Shannon

Official Employee

Hi,

A 43500 error is an error that incidates a specific service failure. It can point to a number of issues like an incorrect username, an outage, etc. We are actively investigating your issue but I can't seem to find any logs with your username. Are you using a different Comcast log in?

Shannon

New Poster

Yes my Comcast username is lindsay8613. It's the only username we have for comcast

Regular Visitor

@ shannon. thanks for the note about looking into adding multiple account support. i really think that it isn't multiple account. i think that its support for ipad/iphone. i am now $1500 into installation and cameras, 3 year agreement and the service doesn't match the service description. how do we escalate this? thanks in advance for your help. 

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem and was curious if you ever found a solution? Thanks
Regular Visitor

No. Nothing.
New Poster

Any update? I am unable to log into the home app as well. No issue with other apps or website.....
Official Employee

Hi Itizmetori, 

There is an error on your account. I am opening a ticket and a Comcast representative will be contacting you via phone soon.

Shannon

New Poster

I'm having similar issues on my iPhone 4S. Able to login in my account but cant login in the home security app or portal. Pls help
Official Employee

Hi Ashutosh,

The username you have to login with is ashutosh.jain which is the primary user for your account. Try that and let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Shannon

Frequent Visitor

You can only use the primary user name on the account to log on using your phone or tablet.  It is a stupid change they recently made to the app.

New Poster

Hi Shanon,

It worked. Thanks
Regular Visitor

Shannon,

Thanks for all the work in Private Message to help me out and my unique (i think) situation. I appreciate it your help, although i don't always understand the policies or challenges that Comcast has with this issue. 

Thanks again for all the follow up and follow thru. I look forward to getting to resolution.

Jim

New Poster

I have this error message for the past few months. It drives me crazy. i have to open and close the app at least 5 or more times. i get so annoyed at times that i want to throw my phone or cancel the service.

Official Employee

Hi xx_babygurl_xx,

Can you please tell me what action you are completing when you are getting the 43500s? Are you able to dismiss the error and continue using the app? 

Thanks,

Shannon

New Poster

i am am having the same error when i try to log into the web page send me to a link that tells me that they will send me a username and password via email yet don't get nothing so not even sure what that is about why send me another name and password if i already have one.

New Poster

I'm trying to log into the app. i can press ok then put in my sign in info but i just close the app and keep reopening it until it connects. most of the time im driving home and i cannot put my information in. It is so frustrating that i want to get rid of the service. 

Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,

i had this issue and have several posts here (under prior uid). the issue is that you have to use a userid@comcast.net email address. once that was fixed i have no issues. yes its weird to have other uids that don't work. but this - for us - is not an issue. my wife and I use this uid on our ios devices and it works.

thanks to shannon and shane for their persistence in understanding this and continued follow up and checking in after fix to see that it was resolved. if comcast could take this team's dedication and apply it to other customer facing departments the chance could be awesome!

jim madden

Official Employee

Hi Delanuez1,

Is your issue resolved?

Thanks,

Shannon

New Poster

yes it is i had a tech at my house and he was able to mess with my system it was just not reading it and fix it thanks

New Poster

I just installed xfinity home security today and am unable to send emails or log on to security app.
Frequent Visitor

unplug your modem/gateway, unplug your xh hub, and in order plug in your power for internet, let establish, and then when all lights on, plug in xh security hub, let boot up (3 green lights + blue wifi light). once that is all setup just go into advanced settings and reboot touchscreen. in this order in most cases you should have fixed the problem. use the connectivity test to verify your physical ethernet line connection.