Community Forum

Duplicate push notifications

New Poster

Duplicate push notifications

Hello - I have been recieving duplicate push notifications from configured alerts in my Xfinity Home app for several months now. This is continuing to happen on a regular basis and is 100% reproducible. I’m using the iOS (12.3.1) Xfinity Home app (currently 10.26.0). Tried all troubleshooting steps from my end including sign-out/sign-in, uninstall/reinstall app, disable/enable alert delete/recreate alert. I see a few other threads with similar issues but none with activity in several months so starting this one anew.
New Poster

Re: Duplicate push notifications

<Ping>

Can I get a Comcast employee representative to take a look at this and chime in please? Thanks.

New Poster

My notifications is doing the same thing and also my notifications with say the ‘door closed’, when the door was opened. I have all the scenarios Correctly inputed into my account. It’s frankly annoying me with all the duplicate notifications and it’s a waste of my time getting them on my phone!
New Poster

I wanted to follow-up and say that I was able to solve my issue. Somehow, at some point--I swear it was not in there prior--but a duplicate rule had been created for the same alert. So, it wasn't the rule sending duplicate alerts, it was duplicate rules each sending their own alert. In any case, it's solved now and working as it should. Doh!

New Poster

@Lazon2 Sorry I just saw this now. I can't speak to this one as the alerts that are generated are correct for how they've been configured. As I just posted and identified as the 'answer' here my situtation was a bit of user error in having duplicate rules each generating their own alerts. Best of luck with your issue!

New Poster

My situation was a little bit different...it was caused by a glitch in the main system. Everything is fixed so far as of this week.