Community Forum

Delayed notification on Security Home App

Frequent Visitor

Delayed notification on Security Home App

I have been having delayed push notifications on my mobile devices (latest IOS software 12.4) when a door or window opens or closes.  Sometimes it works with no problem and then at times I will not get the notification until several minutes later. Example I will not get a notification right away when I open a door but will get notified  that it closed, then as mentioned servers minutes later it will show the door was opened. This has been happening since Thursday July 18th. Have reset home security device, deleted app and even had a tech replace the security unit with a updated unit and none of this as fixed the issue. Can this be looked into please. 

It’s August 1st and still having issues. Is someone looking into this?

Aug 1st 6:50 pm. Updated the new app that was sent out today and still the same issues. Restarted unit, and deleted app and reinstalled still not working properly. Now at times I’m not getting any notifications were before they were being sent late. I received a advertisement email for the Xfinity Home Security system that states you get real time notification when a door or window is opened. This is not the case and should not be promoted as a service when it don’t work.
New Poster

Re: Delayed notification on Security Home App

My system have been doing the same thing for months now and here and there when I am away from my home, the security alarm will go off for no apparent reason; (that have been happening since last year, and already had a tech look at it). This is a security issue that I have called XFINITY Home support numerous times about. It’s like what am I paying for? I have an iPhone 8 and it’s up-to-date.
Official Employee

Thank you both for reaching out.  I've pulled up your accounts & shared with engineering.  

Joejohnso1  - Could you please delete and re-install the app on all of your devices?  Once you've done so, can you let me know if this resolves the issue?

Lazon2 - We believe the issue you're experiencing is different than the original issue on this thread & are still investigating.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Rachel, I have installed and reinstalled the apps and still having the same issue. In fact of of now 08/02 at 5:00 pm I’m receiving no notifications at all. 

Frequent Visitor

I’m still having delayed or no notification notices when doors/windoes open or close and I have not heard from anyone on this issue. Is this issue being looked into? Is there a fix to address the issues? If I don’t hear from anyone I will cancel my service and consult a legal representative to be reimbursed for a service that is not working.

Frequent Visitor

I spoke with level 3 support. There is a known issue with notifications and engineering is aware and involved working to get it fixed. They are also working on upgrades., and other features. As of now they don’t have a time frame on when this will be fixed. They said it will take some time. At least I know it is just not my account. 

New Poster

I have as well contacted level 3 support because of the issues I was dealing with. Apparently when I was updating my account, I was making changes when Comcast technicians were doing a local update and there was a glitch with a scramble and then my account was messed up. All is fixed for right now.
Official Employee

Support may have reached out via phone to confirm the issue is resolved.  Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing an issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes it has been working fine for a few days now. Thank you