Community Forum

Connection to Liftmaster garage door opener broken

Regular Visitor

Connection to Liftmaster garage door opener broken

We are now unable to connect to our Liftmaster garage door opener, since the last app update. We first got a error message saying it couldn’t connect. I tried to disconnect the device but the app wouldn’t let me do that, either. I signed out of the app, then back in. Now it won’t connect to the garage door opener at all , meaning I can’t add it as a device. I check the 3 boxes, tap Continue, tap Agree, then am dumped back to the screen with the 3 boxes, which are all checked. Yes, I can operate the garage door with the Liftmaster app. Attached pic is the error we were getting when trying to resync the door: 

3913618E-5CA5-4B36-ABC1-4E1C406E9758.jpeg

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Connection to Liftmaster garage door opener broken

Thanks for reaching out.  I'd like to relay this to the right team for troublsehooting -- Can you try adding the liftmaster again & let us know if you are successful?  If you receive the error again, could you provide the timestamp that you got the error, so we can take a look?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Well, I was able to add the garage door to the app, after it not being able to all day. However, I see the app has disconnected with our Nest thermostat. I get the exact same error message when I try to Resync. Not sure what’s going on.
Regular Visitor

The suggested fix did not work. Nothing did. Then, 2 days later everything went back to normal; I.e., working. 

New Poster

We’re having the same problem. When trying to set-up Xfinity Home with our Liftmaster MyQ-enables garage door we can’t get past the three check boxes. We can click through to “Read”, but the app bombs back out when trying to “Agree”.
Regular Visitor

The app is on the blink again. Won’t connect to the garage door after working fine for, what?, a month? I’m pretty sure it’s the fault of their backend servers, or whatever it’s called. Good thing the Liftmaster app works. We have it send us notifications regarding the opening and closing of the garage door when the Home app goes on the fritz.