Community Forum

Cannot Log In to Xfinity Home App

New Poster

Cannot Log In to Xfinity Home App

Hi:

I went to log into the Xfinity Home app today and it will not log in.  I just get the three flashing dots forever.  After searching the forum, I found another user had the same problem and that something had to be done on the backend.  I recently changed my password and think this might be the problem.  So far I have tried rebooting my system and uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot Log In to Xfinity Home App

@jsun1973 wrote:

Hi:

I went to log into the Xfinity Home app today and it will not log in.  I just get the three flashing dots forever.  After searching the forum, I found another user had the same problem and that something had to be done on the backend.  I recently changed my password and think this might be the problem.  So far I have tried rebooting my system and uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

Any ideas?

1: Try another browser

2: If that doesn't work, call 1800comcast and ask for an agent.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

jsun1973 -- 

I was able to pull up your account -- can you let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Apparently you have to be a primary user. Here's what I was told today: agent : I'm sorry about that. I have had this system for a little over 3 years so I know it inside and out. Only the primary can log into to the Xfinity Home app and can only be logged into one device at a time. -TDA
me :Unrestricted secondary. I've been able to prior to todayAgent : Unrestricted secondary is only for the MyAccount app. Unrestricted allows you to review bills and make changes but not access the Xfinity home app. If you were able to access it before please note that the system was not suppose to allow you to. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. -TDA
Me : Ok. I was told differently when the tech installed our system.Agent:I'm sorry about that. I have had this system for a little over 3 years so I know it inside and out. Only the primary can log into to the Xfinity Home app and can only be logged into one device at a time. -TDA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Comcast has decided that to change once again, not even Caring about customers. Way to put Customers first con cast.
New Poster

Had the same problem, called and used recording to get a modem reset, now all working well.