Community Forum

Can't view live cameras on Xfinity Home App

New Poster

Can't view live cameras on Xfinity Home App

ComcastRachael,
Please check why I haven't been able to view my cameras live on my xfinity home app, despite techs visiting my home and multiple repair tickets being called in.
Thanks
Official Employee

Re: Can't view live cameras on Xfinity Home App

OrHome - Thanks for reaching out.  I pulled up your account & see a ticket for this was already opened on your behalf.  Engineering is already looking into this issue & I can let you know when a fix is available.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hello Rachel (or any Xfinity moderator who sees this),

Same issue here. When I open the up-to-date Home app, it opens and it will show a very quick live snapshot from each camera and all 3 views freeze. When I tap to view a live feed of a specific camera, I get a trying to connect message and eventually a could not connect to the camera message and I shake my head. This is for all 3 cameras. To be clear, I don’t get the trying to connect/failure to connect message on each camera view screen if I just open the app and let it sit. If I just open the app and scroll down without choosing an individual view, all I can see is a frozen image of each camera view with a time stamp of the time I opened the app.

We want to see the live streams via the Home app again. Please.

Also, I’m able to see and watch recent movement activation clips using the app fine. I’m stumped.

It’s the live feed that’s the issue. Again, to clarify, I do get a quick live image of each camera when I open the app. Then the app tries to stream the live view and I get unable to connect. Same scenario when I force close and reopen the Home app.

I’ve tried everything in the FAQ’s and probably checked than the average customer. Rebooted the cameras. Reset the cameras. Manually power cycled the cameras. Rebooted the touchscreen. Rebooted the gateway. Manually power cycled the gateway. All coax terminals are snug.

We have a gig speed connection at the home.

Live stream viewing simply stopped working months ago and frankly, I’m sick of it. I can watch HD programming and saved DVR programming on my phone with zero issues.

No problems viewing live feed on web portal, Home touchscreen, or on the TVs.

There is a clear issue with getting the live streams to play via the Home app on all mobiles in our house; iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, and iPhone 6S. All iPhones have at least 20gb free, at a minimum. All iPhones are running the most recent iOS version.

Something to note: we have 3 pods in the home. I wish I could say the problem started when they were self-installed, but the inability to live stream via the Home app issue existed months prior to the pods being introduced to the network.

We have a full WiFi signal throughout the Home.

We also have an up-to-date AT&T Wireless microcell in the home that provides a full cell signal to all phones. I’ve easily ruled out the microcell being the issue by powering it down and still not being able to view the live feed on my phone via the Hone app.

The issue exists (exact same Home app behavior) when away from home and on cell signal only.

I really can’t think of anything else to try. The cams were installed by Xfinity techs.

I also have the wiring protection package.

If you can please forward my situation to an escalated tier of the appropriate engineering support team, I would be very appreciative. I work in public safety and being able to quickly view the live feeds on-demand is extremely important.

Thanks for your time. - Tim
Highlighted
Official Employee

Tmdc98 -- Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the frustration. I have already pulled up your account & shared with engineering to troubleshoot. I'll reach out when I have more information.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much. I look forward to live video on the app again.
New Poster

Hi Rachael,

Any updates?  This has been an ongoing problem for several months now, with no response from Comacast.  Please advise of next steps.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Agreed. I’ve been paying for a service I can’t use. It’s simply not right.

Any info received from support for us?

Thanks
Frequent Visitor

It’s now been a month since posting. Any update whatsoever?
New Poster

I am having same issue on iphones. Been through all the troubleshooting with teir 2 tech. He couldn't fix it. Maybe some with more knowledge of the app, or a way I can install a previous version.

It works fine on ipad that has an older version of the app.

Official Employee

Hi All, if you're experiencing issues viewing your live camera feed via the XFINITY home app, please send me a private message with your full name so I can reach out to tech ops. 

Ken

New Poster

I'm having the exact same problem.  Can you tell me how to PM you so I can provide details.  Can't seem to spot the PM button.

Thanks

Official Employee

ElleB2, you have to post publicly first before you can send a private message. Thanks for doing so. You can attempt to send Rachael a PM now, or you can send one to me for assistance with the live camera feed on the app! 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

With all due respect, I was told a ticket was opened and I would be contacted. Months ago. Frustrating to see people posting they are having the same issue and told to PM for assistance, yet I have not heard a word since I was advised my situation was going to be escalated to the appropriate team for resolution.

I respectfully request a response via my account contact info as to the outcome of my ticket.
Official Employee

With all due respect, I was told a ticket was opened and I would be contacted. Months ago. Frustrating to see people posting they are having the same issue and told to PM for assistance, yet I have not heard a word since I was advised my situation was going to be escalated to the appropriate team for resolution.

I respectfully request a response via my account contact info as to the outcome of my ticket.

Tmdc98, sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for updating us here. Let's get to the outcome of that ticket and get you some help as needed. Can you send me a private message with your full name please? I'll need it to access your account. 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

Replied. Thank you
Official Employee

Got it, thanks! 

New Poster

Thanks!