Community Forum

Can’t sign in on Xfinity home app

Highlighted
New Poster

Can’t sign in on Xfinity home app

Ever since I updated the app, I cannot log into the app. Each time I try to enter my information, it just keeps returning back to the log in screen. Can this be fixed ? I have an iPhone X.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can’t sign in on Xfinity home app

@Bhaynes1362 wrote:
Ever since I updated the app, I cannot log into the app. Each time I try to enter my information, it just keeps returning back to the log in screen. Can this be fixed ? I have an iPhone X.

Maybe you haven't connected the iPhone to your home metwork?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Bhaynes1362 -- Thanks for reaching out.  If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please test logging in over WiFi and also over LTE?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I cannot log into the Home app, when I enter my correct information I keep getting redireted back to the log in screen with Error Mesage: "XfinityHome" wants to Use 'xfinity.com" to Sign In.  What is the fix for this issue, I'm not able to manage my home security from my iphone.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@NOELLIE wrote:

I cannot log into the Home app, when I enter my correct information I keep getting redireted back to the log in screen with Error Mesage: "XfinityHome" wants to Use 'xfinity.com" to Sign In.  What is the fix for this issue, I'm not able to manage my home security from my iphone.

Are you using this username/password to log into the app?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

NOELLIE -- Can you please test logging in over WiFi and also over LTE and let me know if you experience the issue using both?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having a similar issue. I've tried logging in on my wifi network as well as LTE, my wife and I both are taken to a screen that reads "You need to be authorized to access XFINITY Home, to continue the primary account holder has to grant you access." I am the primary account holder and we use the same login information on both of phones.
Highlighted
Official Employee

jbucklew15 -- I pulled up your account & will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. 

New Poster

I still experience the same issue either way from what I can see reading thru other post this is a known issue.  

Highlighted
New Poster

I tried both ways you suggested and still get error message: "XfinityHome" Wants to Use "xfinity.com" to Sign in   This allows other apps and websites to share information about you.  Cancel or Continue"

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast please share the solution with everyone. The LTE and WiFi test doesn’t not make a difference, same loop