Community Forum

Can not connect to xFi home network after replacing xfinity modem

Highlighted
New Poster

Can not connect to xFi home network after replacing xfinity modem

After upgrading my xfinity modem, I am unable to connect to log into my xfi gateway network.  

I everytime I try and log in, I recieve the message, "my gateway maybe offline". 

Please help!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can not connect to xFi home network after replacing xfinity modem

Without more information, it sounds like you didn't follow the installation instructions completely.  I recently replaced my XB6 with the XB7.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

This issued occurred because Xfinity representative deleted my new modem from my account which resulted in my internet being down for over 14 hours. This impacted my wife's and my job because we both could not access our internet to log into work.
Highlighted
New Poster

My internet service disruption was resolved when I went into the store. They entered the serial number which resolved the issue.
However this issued occurred because Xfinity representative deleted my new modem from my account which resulted in my internet being down for over 14 hours. This impacted my wife's and my job because we both could not access our internet to log into work.

This is unacceptable service because the issue could not be resolved until I went into the store the next day.

Xfinity has not made this right for the disruption of my internet service. You are quck to charge customers, but do not have the same urgency to resolve issues.

Please improve your process when resolving internet issues that require more than restarting the modem.

Sincerely,
Disappointed customer.