Community Forum

Cameras not showing live view

New Poster

Cameras not showing live view

When I choose a camera in the xfinity home app, all I get is a message that says "could not connect to camera". I do see a preview when I load the app but when you click on the preview I get the error. Also, the live view works fine if I do it through my PC so it seems to be an app issue. I have a Samsung note 8 running Android 8.0.0
Screenshot_20180828-093154_Home.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cameras not showing live view

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Home-App/Home-cameras-do-not-stream-on-phone/m-p/3026869#M5330

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Cmartel -- Thanks for posting.  I pulled up your account & shared with engineering.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Cmartel -- Are you able to view the cameras now?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It's a little slow but yes it is working now. Thank you
Official Employee

Thanks for providing the update.  Glad to hear it!