Community Forum

Camera preview with mobile app not working on IPhone

New Poster

Camera preview with mobile app not working on IPhone

My camera preview on my iphone 7 doesn’t work with the mobile app. It’s says “camera preview not available “.  It works on another Android in the house. It also works on the control box on the counter top. I delete the app and start over and it will work a couple times then stops. Please fix...I used that feature all the time before. 

Official Employee

Re: Camera preview with mobile app not working on IPhone

Lynn1322 - Can you please try updating the app?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I did update app. The first couple times I go into the app it works, then won’t after that. I have Verizon by the way.
Silver Problem Solver

@Lynn1322 wrote:

My camera preview on my iphone 7 doesn’t work with the mobile app. It’s says “camera preview not available “.  It works on another Android in the house. It also works on the control box on the counter top. I delete the app and start over and it will work a couple times then stops. Please fix...I used that feature all the time before. 

Where is camera preview on my iPhone7?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

There is no camera preview on the iPhone 7 per se. I can’t get the camera preview on the xfinity app for my security system camera.
Silver Problem Solver

@Lynn1322 wrote:
There is no camera preview on the iPhone 7 per se. I can’t get the camera preview on the xfinity app for my security system camera.

I'm confused.  I am using the xfinity app on my iPhone7.  What xifinity app are you referring to?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Xfinity home
Silver Problem Solver

@Lynn1322 wrote:
Xfinity home

I don't have it either.

Regular Visitor

Were you able to get this resolved?
New Poster

No
New Poster

Hi. Was on phone with Xfinity for hours after tech came out and told me camera was old model and wouldn’t function after recent updates from app.s with my I phone. It works fine with Samsung phone and computer.   I have used this for over two and a half years with no problem.  Upset when they told me I need tp purchase a new camera for 99 dollars or 10.95 a month.  They take no responsibility.  They should be more customer friendly.  Bad attitude need to take action

Silver Problem Solver

You have to change the resolution from High to Medium or Low.

I can't find the reference.

New Poster

ugh, really?  I'm having same issue...none of my four cameras work on my mobile app.   If I have to purchase all new cameras, I'm going to cancel the entire package and just get RIng or similar cameras, and manage the whole thing myself.

Silver Problem Solver

@lindammanning wrote:

ugh, really?  I'm having same issue...none of my four cameras work on my mobile app.   If I have to purchase all new cameras, I'm going to cancel the entire package and just get RIng or similar cameras, and manage the whole thing myself.

I don't understand what you are saying because I bought my cameras when I had XHome installed.

I don't know what cameras work with XHome, other than to refer to the device list.

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices

Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. iPhone app “preview unavailable”, but I can see the cameras on my touch screen and computers. The cameras are fine! Xfinity has messed up their iPhone app! It is NOT right that Xfinity would expect us to purchase new cameras because of their busting THEIR app. Maybe time to switch to ADT!!
Frequent Visitor

Sherri90, I have the same problem with my iPhone app. Used to see cameras fine. Still can on computer and touchscreen. Cameras are fine. Xfinity broke their iPhone app! No way am I going to buy new cameras. Even if that fixed it, how do I know that Xfinity wouldn’t break the app again? Time for class action suit?!
Silver Problem Solver

@jimmarrone wrote:
Sherri90, I have the same problem with my iPhone app. Used to see cameras fine. Still can on computer and touchscreen. Cameras are fine. Xfinity broke their iPhone app! No way am I going to buy new cameras. Even if that fixed it, how do I know that Xfinity wouldn’t break the app again? Time for class action suit?!

My older XHome cameras work just fine with the latest iPhone OS.  Do you have the newer cameras?

Regular Visitor

When you tap the area where the preview used to appear, the app takes you to the camera view. You can swipe to view what we’re accustomed to seeing as the preview.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Lisa2902, but that's not acceptable behavior for the app.  When one first starts the app the top half of the app scsreen shows the Alarm setting status, and most of the bottom half of the app screen is supposed to show one of the cameras.  True you can tap on that non-functioning camera view to take you to a separate screen where the camera will finally show the view . . . and that view is smaller than the one on the start screen that is trying to load!!!  My point is that the app is obviously designed -- and behaved so in earlier versions! -- such that you should see one of the cameras on the starting screen of the app.  I got a call from Comcast and they said they are aware that this is a problem with the app.  Though I didn't say so, this problem has been going on for a LONG time!!!  So, Comcast, should fix it!

New Poster

Agree not acceptable. And Comcast has attitude and take no responsibility. They should be ashamed
New Poster

Thank you so much! That works. I would still like the previews to load on the first screen, but this is what I will use in the meantime.