Community Forum

Camera doesn’t load on iOS Xfinity Home app

New Poster

Camera doesn’t load on iOS Xfinity Home app

Hello,

I’m having an issue with the iOS xfinity home app on my iPhone 7. It appears that since the last update my camera is no longer working within the app. The preview panel tries to connect to the camera but after a couple of minutes just says “preview unavailable”. Going into the live view also does not work, again after a few minutes of trying to connect to the camera it just says “could not connect to camera”. I believe this started within the last couple days with the new app update because it was working fine before as I used the feature all the time. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps such as restarting all devices but the camera will still not connect to the app.

This appears to be just isolated to the app because I can go to the touchscreen device on the countertop and see the camera just fine through there. It’s only an issue when going through the mobile app. Obviously being able to check in on my home while on the go is an important feature and needs to be resolved. Any way I can get some help in resolving the problem?

Thanks
Official Employee

Re: Camera doesn’t load on iOS Xfinity Home app

DMTGAMER -- Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the frustration.  I pulled up your account & shared with engineering to troubleshoot.  Is the camera working now?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ComcastRachelH - Yes! Thank you so much for the quick turn around. The camera is now working with the app. Again thanks for getting that looked into!
Official Employee

DMTGAMER -- Glad to hear it, please reach out in the future if you need any troubleshooting help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!