Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

COMCAST - RESPOND NOW

Regular Visitor

COMCAST - RESPOND NOW

It is my understanding that an update was made to your system which caused authentication failures from remote devices, resulting in the inability for your xfinity Home users to remotely access this home security system.
Question1: how is it possible for a company your size to perform an upgrade without properly testing it on a test platform BEFORE updating the live system?
Question2: how is it possible for a company your size to not have backups with the ability to quickly restore a system after a failure of this magnitude?
Question3: why aren't you keeping your xfinity customers up to date on the status of this failure? There should be hourly updates at a minimum. You are simply ignoring your customers, many of which rely on remote access to secure their homes.
Question4: why is this issue not in large font as an alert on your Comcast/xfinity website? You should be making it extremely easy for your customers to get updates.

This is NOT a minor issue, like losing cable tv. We (Xfinity Home customers) are paying for a home security service, with one of the expected components being a way to monitor/arm/disarm without being home. If you plan to stay in this business, you need to fix this immediately. The CEO should then issue an apology in addition to a 1 month credit on our next bill. A root cause report should then be published as well as the disciplinary actions that were taken (hint: someone in your IT Dept should be looking for a job).

A very frustrated, irritated and let down Xfinity Home customer,
Carl

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: COMCAST - RESPOND NOW

Hi Carl911 -

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused & understand your concerns.  I am & will continue to provide updates & details as they become available.

We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions.

Thanks,

Rachel

All Replies
Official Employee

Re: COMCAST - RESPOND NOW

Hi Carl911 -

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused & understand your concerns.  I am & will continue to provide updates & details as they become available.

We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions.

Thanks,

Rachel