Community Forum

App won't load cameras

New Poster

App won't load cameras

For over the past year my app has not been able to load the cameras to the point where I can view them. I can only see what it showing when I open the app. When I click a specific camera to view is will not allow me to connect to that camera. When we called Comcast they said it's a known issue..... I am paying for a service that I can't use. Please look at the app and fix that bug so all customers can utilize the camera feature in the app.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: App won't load cameras

@Mibarra1081 wrote:
For over the past year my app has not been able to load the cameras to the point where I can view them. I can only see what it showing when I open the app. When I click a specific camera to view is will not allow me to connect to that camera. When we called Comcast they said it's a known issue..... I am paying for a service that I can't use. Please look at the app and fix that bug so all customers can utilize the camera feature in the app.

You may have to pay extra for that.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/24-7-video-recording-faqs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem with only one camera. It started 2 days ago on 4/4/19 when the app was upgraded. I can’t see my camera live anymore. Please fix this problem.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@andreadoria1021 wrote:
I have the same problem with only one camera. It started 2 days ago on 4/4/19 when the app was upgraded. I can’t see my camera live anymore. Please fix this problem.

I had to change a setting on the camera in the XHome app.  

iCamera setting.jpg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hey all, please let me know if you are still unable to view your camera via the app. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!