Community Forum

Android app issues

New Poster

Android app issues

My review on issues with the app was replied to and I was directed to post here and provide my account information. But this isn't an account issue, it's an application issue since the latest application update and possible update compatibility issues with my phone (Samsung Note 8).

I accidentally signed out of the app. When I try to sign in now, I get the attached error which says a browser must be installed on my phone and you open the Google Play Store. I have several browsers already installed, but follow the link to the store anyway. It goes to Google Chrome, and because I already have it all I can do from the store is click open. That does not open to any specific page as related to the XH app, so I've ensured I'm logged into the Xfinity site within the browser just in case. But the app still prompts me to install a browser, and the useless loop continues.

There's no reason an app should require a browser installation unless the log in scripting is subpar, and the previous versions of the app never required this. Absolutely useless app at this point, have to do everything through the web browser in terms of reviewing cameras, system status, etc.
Tags (1)
Screenshot_20180722-145152_Home.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Android app issues

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Android app issues

sundoll -- Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & share with engineering to troubleshoot. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!