Community Forum

Android Home app log in broken

New Poster

Android Home app log in broken

Since the recent update my S9+ won't log in to the Xfinity Home app. I log in and it says it is having trouble logging me in, and then just loops and loops. It was fine before the recent update. A quick check of the review section on Google play shows many others are having the same issue. Is there a fix in the works? Are others experiencing the same (esp Samsung users)?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Android Home app log in broken

dnsather -- Thanks for reaching out.  Can you please try changing your default web browser to Chrome by performing the following steps & let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

1. Install the Chrome App (if you don't already have it installed)
2. Navigate to Settings > Apps
3. On the top right, click on the three dots
4. Click on Default Apps
5. Change the Browser App > Chrome
6. Launch the Xfinity Home Mobile app

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue on my Samsung Note 8. No issues before the update and now I'm unable to login after the update. Chrome is already my default browser so that is not the issue.
Official Employee

Broncoag -- Can you confirm you went through the following steps?

Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced Settings > Default Apps > Browser App > Chrome 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Yes, those are the steps I followed to set chrome as my default browser. Again this seems more like an app issue since no one seemed to have issues until the recent update. After the update everyone on Android phones is reporting not being able to log into the app.  I see 23 bad reviews just at the top of the list on google play store reporting they can't login since the update and that is just people who are leaving reviews. There is obviously something wrong with this app and it needs to get fixed soon. If I can't log into my security system from my phone there is no point in me continuing to have my security system with xfinity. This needs to get fixed soon.

New Poster

I am having the same problem, was told it is system wide. Received a message from the developer below, followed their directions, STILL DOESNT WORK, FRUSTRATING:
Can you try changing your default web browser to Chrome?

Install Chrome app (if you haven't already)
Navigate to Settings > Apps
Tap the 3 dots (top right) > Default Apps
Change Browser App > Chrome
Launch XH app

If you still experience an issue, please post to our forums -- http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Home-App/bd-p/XHA
Regular Visitor

@ComcastRachelH Any word on when this issue is going to be resolved or should I start looking for another home security provider?

Regular Visitor

There was an update released yesterday for the app that resolved the login issue for anyone that hasn't already downloaded the update.

Official Employee

Broncoag, glad the app update resolved the issue for ya! Post again if you need further assistance.