Community Forum

Android Home App Stops when I bring up the camera page on my Samsung Tablet

Frequent Visitor

Android Home App Stops when I bring up the camera page on my Samsung Tablet

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A model SM-T580 tablet (wifi only) running Android 7.0. xfinityhome 9.14.13 is installed. I can login, view the home page (including see a very recent camera image), move around the settings pages, but when I tap on the camera image (to go to the camera/video page), the page comes up for a few to several seconds before I get a pop up that says the home app has stopped and gives me the choice of restarting the app or sending feedback. The app restarts automatically (back on the home page) almost instantly. I've subbmitted feedack a few times.  

Official Employee

Re: Android Home App Stops when I bring up the camera page on my Samsung Tablet

calintexas, sounds like a software issue either with the app or your phone. Do you have the most recent android OS? I know Oreo has already rolled out for some devices. Did you try uninstalling the app and reinstalling? Have you tried the app on another device? Which Galaxy Tab A do you have? The one from 2015 or 2016?

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Not sure about the age. I bought it in January 2017 and the Amazon sales page indicates it was first available on Amazon on 06/14/2016. I'm guessing it's the 2016 version. Here's the Amazon page:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUC7NPI/ref=twister_B00X58UHP2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Remember, it's a WIFI tablet and not a phone. Yes, I've uninstalled and re-installed your app. Yes, your app does work on a $30. ZTE Citrine Tracfone that I have (in WIFI mode) that's running Android 5.1 and is locked down from updating as near as I can tell. I've attached a couple of screen shots from my tablet (hopefully). One shows that my tablet insists that it is up to date. The other shows all the Android info, other numbers and about details regarding the tablet.

Update: I've poked around a bit. It appears that Oreo is uncertain for the 2016 Tab A . It likely wouldn't be until near the end of 2018 if it does get the upgrade.

Thanks for your attention to the issue I'm having. 

About tablet detail IMG_1327.jpg
Software is upto date IMG_1328.jpg
Official Employee

calintexas, thanks for those details. I'll look into this further. I've sent you a private message with more info. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I want to thank ComcastKenf for his help with this. He gave me a number of things to try, which were unsuccessful. I pretty much gave up at that point, but I've been trying the app when there was a system update to the tablet or when I noticed that the Home app had updated. Today, after the Home App update to 9.26.5, the Home app worked as expected when I loaded the camera page.

My issue is resolved.