Community Forum

xfinity connect app will not open emails

Contributor

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails

I have the xfinity connect mobile app for android, installed through Playstore.  Since the last few updates it has stopped working properly.  Incoming emails show but can't be opened, can't send msgs, voice features don't show up-to-date, etc.  After unstalling/reinstalling, every feature works properly for 15-30 min. or so, and then it stops working again.  What's the solution?     N. Chaney

Frequent Visitor

I have not found any solution yet. I have been doing the same with my app on my phone. That seems the only way it will work, even though it is only temporary.

Contributor

Mine has worked fine for 2 or 3 years until last few updates. Wish we could reinstall the former version. Another problem is not being able to communicate communicate with anyone who knows how to correct it.
Frequent Visitor

I could not agree more.

Frequent Visitor

It could be a security issue. For the iPhone, make sure it is not in airplane mode. 1. Use native email rather than Comcast. 2. Check settings, passwords and accounts, and make sure Website and App passwords has nonzero number. Then verify your Comcast pwd. I also turn on AutoFill Passwords. You may need to reboot. This works for my tablet. Your native Apple icon, a blue one, should always work.
Contributor

Thank you.  I have an android phone.  Have checked PWs, rebooted, etc.  Nothing yet helps but uninstall/reinstall.  Hoping for a correction in next update.   Ngc

Frequent Visitor

I tried the original app on my android phone and didn't like it. I downloaded Outlook app and have just installed it. It seems to sync up with the comcast email. I am trying this for now. Maybe Comcast will fix their app soon.

Contributor

I like outlook as well.  Like xfinity app (or did like) because I can access call log/voice history, etc.  from it when away from home.

New Poster

My app is not opening either.  I have to go to google and type in my Xfinity.com every time.  I would like to know how I can fix it.  It was my homepage until it got messed up.  It still is my home page but just spins and spins.

Contributor

So sorry to hear you're having the same problems some of us had a couple of months ago.  During that period I uninstalled/reeinstalled the app. multiple times a day to do what I needed to do.  Finally, withe the update in early Feb, all started working again.  Several of us contacted Comcast ECARE (I did it by email) and after 2-3weeks the problem was solved.  I'm not tech-savvy, but hope someone in the Community can help you.  Ngc

Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm truly sorry to hear about the troubles you are all experiencing with opening up emails in the Xfinity Connect app. If you are still having this issue or problems with your email through the Connect app, please send me a Private message for further assistance, I would be more than happy to help. Please include the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different in the private message, thank you. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello All, some of you I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this email concern you're experiencing on the Xfinity Connect app. Please create a new Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!