Community Forum

voice2go doest not work on cellular network

Frequent Visitor

voice2go doest not work on cellular network

i have a comcast triple play and my voice 2go appdoes not want me to make any call through cellular network it work on wifi and i am using tmobile apple 7 plus 10.3.1 is ios i see a red dot instead of green and i am getting a error code of 102902 call failure

Official Employee

Re: voice2go doest not work on cellular network

Hello monil9754. I can help with Voice2go not working on your mobile phone.

Have you tried to completely uninstall and re-install the XFINITY Connect app to retest?

Also just to be sure, you stated you are able to make calls when you connect over WiFi - correct?

New Poster

Hi,

I am facing this exact sample problem. I am on T-Mobile network and I use an iPhone 6. I would like add that other VoIP clients do work on my phone. Whenever I am on mobile network I have the red dot next to my number and When I force to make a call I get a 102902 error back. But the Xfinity connect app works when I am on a WiFi network. This has been happening for the past 2 months. I have complained to xfinity customer service and of no avail. There are atleast 3 tickets with this issue for me. I have tried reinstalling the app numerous times and it never works in LTE. I have tried installing from WiFi and from Mobile network. Every form of trial and error including superstitious stuff were tried. The app simply refuses to work on Mobile network. Pls fix the app and release a new version.

Comcast Triple Play Customer

Kartik

New Poster

I too am having issues with voice2go app. This was probably this most excited I have been about comcast for years. I have tried everything to just set it up. First they say you need voice as part of your service for your cell to call and receive text's, as to save money on cell charges. Got that, app doesn't work. Then you need unlimited voice, got that..app doesn't work. I have removed and reinstalled app 3X's, called customer service 4X's, tried it on a tablet, app doesn't work. Now I have all these features I don't need when I could have spent less money and upped my data plan on my cell. Go comcast!
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I am t-mobile customer and cannot make calls using connect app on mobile network. It works on wifi. This is t-mobile network specific problem. It was fixed few months back after 3 months follow up but the fix lasted for 2days.
Worst customer service from xfinity
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Still does not work.  It has been months.

Regular Visitor

Works if I connect to a vpn. Almost seems like comcast is blocking t-mobile data. As soon as I connect to vpn, the dot turns green. Of course WiFi works. 

Frequent Visitor

Nope. I just tried connecting to VPN unlimited app and it still does not work. Which von app are you using?
Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Frequent Visitor

Instead of moving frustrated customers forum post , fix issues that your customers face. Dumba**
New Poster

Is it Tmobile specific?

Yes, I had it working with ATT. Then I dumped ATT, but Tmobile I dont get app to work. Same red dot issue. I identified the server IP , connection to which is rejected if you are on Tmobile.

I filed a complaint but this time customer agent cknowledged issue is not just with Tmobile but other cellular networks as well. After 3 days he came back with answer 'It will time to fix".

I am wondering if it is an intentional move in the wake of new xfinity cellular service?

New Poster

After  being tossed around between T-Mobile and Comcast customer service representatives, with each pointing fingers at the other, I have filed a complaint with FCC. Let FCC intervene because clearly customers like us are just treated like guinea pigs by 2 corporations that take no initiative or accountability.

Frequent Visitor

I would like to add my voice on this ridiculous issue as well. At one point it has worked for me but now its not been working for several months. Works fine on wifi (green dot), does not (red dot) on cellular, fails with 102902 error code. Same carrier, same phone - Tmobile Iphone 5S.

Comcast needs to get their act together on this one.

I was told by phone support that 102902 means the app does not have enough bandwidth to make the call. Are you kidding me??!! I can make VIDEO calls on Facetime and Whatsapp but not an audio call on this stupid app ?? whats so special about it ??

Fix this now!

New Poster

I suggest those who are facing this issue log their complaints with FCC on their website. It's easy and takes just a couple of minutes. 

Frequent Visitor

This is going on for long time. I will log the complaint as well. Should I do a new compliant or add on to yours? What is the url to do it?

Is it good idea to log a compliant with BBB as well?
New Poster

The FCC website is www.fcc.org and you will find a link to file a complaint.
I got the following response from FCC yesterday....
“...ticket was served on T-Mobile on Dec 20 for its review and response.
T-Mobile will likely contact you in an effort to resolve your issue.
A response is due to the FCC no later than 30 days from today. T-Mobile will respond to you directly by postal mail.”.
Strongly encourage others to file individual comments laints.
Frequent Visitor

Same problems with a Samsung Galaxy 7.  I'm on Verizon and I get the red dot when I'm on the mobile network and the green dot when I'm on my home WiFi.  It does me no good if I'm away from home on Verizon's network. 

I'm amazed to see the same complaints from eight months ago and Comcast has done squat to fix this.

Frequent Visitor

This is going on for more than 18 months now.
I don’t think it will get fixed. Until now people were complaining about the app not working on T-mobile but you are the first to report on Verizon issue.
Frequent Visitor

Now I get the green dot when I'm on my cellular network (Verizon) and the red dot when I'm on a WiFi network.

Frequent Visitor

Yesterday Comcast sent an App update saying it fixed network error. I was assuming this could be one of them but NO. It’s still same issue.
D6EC2ECA-965B-431B-A168-79750A29EA43.jpeg
New Poster

I have also tried to delete and reinstall connect app. Still it shows reddot when I am on t-mobile LTE.

Frequent Visitor

just wanted to post an update. I switched over from T-Mobile to Xfinity Wireless and all of a sudden this problem is gone. Although its a different device. I upgraded from iphone 5S to 8. but keep in mind the app was working on 5S before then suddenly stopped work and nothing (unsinstall/install app, reset network) would make it work. I can now make calls from the app over data/cellular just fine. So this problem could very well be about tmobile and its partner network providers.

New Poster

Same issue with tmobile network persists with iphone 7 and 6s plus. Was working fine with ATT and stopped working when I switched over to tmobile. As others have mentioned, bandwidth is not an issue. I can stream Youtube videos just fine. Also did the usual, delete app, restart device and reinstall app thing. Will file an FCC complaint and BBB complaint on xfinity.