Community Forum

unable to connect to email server - android phone

Highlighted
New Poster

unable to connect to email server - android phone

I've seen a number of posts about suddenly not getting comcast email on iphones. This just happened to me on my Samsung android. The mail just stopped coming yesterday and I get the message that there is no response from the imap.comcast.net server. Calls to xfinity did not resolve the problem--I reconfigured 3 times, I had not changed my password, they recommended calling Samsung, who said it is a comcast problem. I'm tired of the runaround. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: unable to connect to email server - android phone

I suddenly have the same issue. My samsung phone won't load new mail, but if I log on with a laptop I can get new mail.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had a similar problem on my Samsung phone. Have had for several days. This morning, disconnected from home network, found email app worked fine on cell connection. Switched back to home network, works fine now.

Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same problem..Xfinity Connect app can't connect with the email server. Annoying problem had continued for 3-4 days. No problems with laptop access to email.
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same problem on a Samsung SM-G950U! My Xfinity Connect app will show that I have new email, show the subject, but when I try to open the email it says that it cannot connect to the email server and to try again later. However, if I open a browser on the same phone and browse to the Xfinity Connect web page and log in there, I can open and view my email with no problem. The app is much more convenient than going to the web page, and as I just lost my house and everything I owned in the Glass Fire in California, it would be very nice if I could just use the app. Xfinity - are you listening? Can you help? I see no responses to the other posts here, so I guess you aren't.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm so sorry about the loss of your house in the fire.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Like all the other recent reviewers of this app on the Play Store and on these forums, I have used Xfinity Connect for Android on my phones for years and it always worked great. Something that they did recently has rendered this app virtually useless.

The app no longer syncs with the desktop email. Messages that are deleted are still on Connect, when I click on notifications that I have email, the app is unresponsive and doesn't show the emails, it continuously says it has an error, mail that I delete on the app are still on the desktop, folders do not update, etc., etc.

Like everyone else, I have tried signing in and out, I have uninstalled it and re-installed it repeatedly, and nothing works. Xfinity continues to ignore all the complaints and does nothing to resolve this problem. I don't want to have to switch over everything where I have used my comcast.net email to Gmail, but this previously reliable app is now worthless!!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Perhaps we should change the topic to "tips on switching to gmail". Any other email clients to consider?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Been having this problem off and on for a few years. I tried all of the usual fixes like turning off and on Wi-Fi, turning off and on mobile data, checking all network connections, reinstalling the Xfinity Connect Mobile app to no avail. I recently discovered that if I sign out of the Xfinity Connect Mobile app, and then sign back in, my email functionality is restored after it re syncs with the server. I hope that helps somebody out there.