Community Forum

jpg files are missing from received emails using xfiinity connect app on android

New Poster

jpg files are missing from received emails using xfiinity connect app on android

jpg files are missing from received emails using xfinity conntect app on android.  however, when use xfinity connect using browser on my surface, the jpg files are there and I can view them.

Valued Contributor

Re: jpg files are missing from received emails using xfiinity connect app on android

I've replicated this issue.  I send a .jpg from my iPad and Gmail account to my Comcast account.  I received the email on my desktop WITH the jpg attachment (and a separate attachment with my signature text), however on my Droid Turbo 2 phone, the email received by my Xfinity Connect app did NOT get the jpg (nor the signature text attachment).

UPDATE:

I logged into my Gmail account using a browser and sent an email with a .jpg and a .txt file to my Comcast email.  Both attachments WERE received by my Android Xfinity Connect app.  It appears there is an issue with iOS and the way it builds the email message with attachments that the Xfinity Connect app (or server) doesn't like.  This is ringing a bell where there may be other posts relating to this.

UPDATE 2:

Dang.  I forwarded the email received on my Android that did not show the attachments, back to my Gmail account and VOILA! the attachments were there?  Go figure.  It appears the Xfinity Connect app on the Android is just NOT acknowleding/displaying the attachment files, but has them, as confirmed by being able to forward the message WITH the attachments.  I used my Android phone to see the attachments forwarded FROM the Xfinity Connect to my Gmail account

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)