Community Forum

iphone contacts not visible in xfinity connect

New Poster

iphone contacts not visible in xfinity connect

I have an iPhone X and IOS 11.3.1. The Xfinity Connect app had access to my iPhone contacts for creating "To:" in emails. Now when I try to create an email, there are no contacts visible via the + button and choosing iPhone contacts. But, if I go to the iPhone Contact list directly, they are all there.

New Poster

Re: iphone contacts not visible in xfinity connect

This is an ongoing problem. How do I get someone from Xfinity to give me a solution? This happened before and I was able to search for a solution successfully, but forget what I did to fix it. Please help me someone.

New Poster

We’re you ever able to figure this out?  I’m having the same issue & haven’t found a solution yet. 

New Poster

No, no solution. Really annoying! I don’t have the problem on my iPad, just on the iPhone. 

New Poster

Just the opposite here, works ok on iPhone, but iPad I can’t access contacts. Either way, there’s a screw up somewhere. Will let you know if I figure anything out. Very frustrated. 

Regular Visitor

After installing Xfinity Connect I find that the iPhone contacts are alive and well within the app. But after some time, all but two or three of the iPhone contacts are lost within Xfinity Connect. They are still present in the actual contact software. If I delete and then reinstall Xfinity Connect everything works properly, at least for a while. Not a great solution to the problem but at least it works.
New Poster

The only solution for this problem is deleting the Xfinity Connect app, downloading it again, and giving permissions for access to contacts. It will work for some random time period, until one day you will no longer see your iPhone contacts from the app. Annoying, but apparently Xfinity hasn't come up with any other explanation or fix.  I prefer to keep the iPhone mail client exclusively for work email, and use Xfinity Connect for personal email to keep those worlds separate. 

New Poster

Yes, thanks, reinstall does seem to work, as you said, for some arbitrary period of time. I appreciate your response and I continue to hope that the problem is resolved at some point. Originally the Mail app required me to delete an email message on each device which is why I switched to Connect. And it solved that problem for quite a while until Xfinity broke it. Thanks again!
New Poster

I just tried the following and it seemed to work :

1. Under Privacy settings and Contacts turn off access for Xfinity Connect App

2. Make sure to close down the Xfinity App.

3. Turn on the access to contacts for Connect App, again via Step #1.

Whether this will "stick" or not I do not know but when I performed the above steps, I see all iPhone contacts in Connect App. How long it will stay, will find out Smiley Happy

Another possibility is that each time the App is updated one may have to perform the above steps. My phone is setup for automatic updates to App so I am speculating that at some point the App got updates and I lost contacts from App. 

New Poster

Thanks for sharing. Hope it holds for you. I’ll give it a try!  I’ve noticed that after updates, I need to go back to some settings & reapply, so this would make sense. 

New Poster

Thanks! I tried that on my iPad and it works! As you said, it might not hold, but it is easier than uninstalling and reinstalling everytime I lose connectivity between Connect and Contacts. I appreciate the update!

New Poster

Thanks that worked.