Community Forum

iOS 13.2.2 problems, can’t open attached mp4 files

New Poster

iOS 13.2.2 problems, can’t open attached mp4 files

Since downloading iOS 13.2.2 on my iPhone 8, can’t open attached mp4 files to my xfinity email account. What gives?
Frequent Visitor

Re: iOS 13.2.2 problems, can’t open attached mp4 files

I have the same problem. It's very hard to find solutions here at xfinity. 

Frequent Visitor

I found that you can download and view the attachment. What a hassle!

New Poster

What’s puzzling is I’ve had this iPhone 8 for several years, downloaded all new software as it came available. Mp4 files always opened, that changed with the iOS 13.2.2 software. Either the Xfinity email can not follow the update or the iOS 13.2.2 is flawed.
Frequent Visitor

Yep, same issue. It's not ios13 though. Downloading to photos and playing them is fine. It's the xfinity mail app as far as I can tell. 

another recent thing I've noticed about the mail app is if you leave it open and go do something else for a while and you come back to it, it often won't download the mail, you can see the subject and header, you have to close and restart it. 

New Poster

Thanks for the input.. I save the file to Notes, opens no problem, so one has to assume it is the Xfinity email software.
New Poster

This was a known bug in iOS 13.  They tried a new method for managing the device's memory, but it just ended up killing apps that were running in the background.