Community Forum

Xfinity messed up connect again with latest update

Regular Contributor

Xfinity messed up connect again with latest update

So, I spent most of the entire year of 2018 on this forum providing detailed info on what was wrong with the Connect app regarding email problems. Then by some miracle Xfinity released an update by end of 2018 that actually worked and fixed the problems, at least in my case. Now comes 2019 and this latest release a few weeks back has again messed things up. If I work email in the connect app on my iPhone it is not syncing with the email in the connect app on my iPad. I’ve signed in / out of the app on iPad and no help. Both devices have the latest release installed. Don’t you people at Xfinity EVER test updates to see if they actually work before releasing them ?? Just unbelievable how a company as large as Xfinity can continually mess up the same mobile app over and over and over again. The people responsible for developing and managing this app should have already been fired by now.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity messed up connect again with latest update

You are luckier than me after the last update to the app it won't let me know if I have an incoming call or text.
Regular Contributor

Probably a stupid question but did you check the notification settings on your device and in the app itself to make sure nothing changed when you downloaded the latest release? I’m assuming you did but if not that would be something to check out. If the update itself is the problem don’t look for a fix anytime soon. <Edited>. It’s really a shame because this is a great app when it works the way it’s supposed to.

Valued Contributor

@ldinpa,

Comcast did do an update to Pop settings earlier this year. Did you make those changes outlined here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Update-Your-Xfinity-Email-POP-Port-Settings/ta-p/317...?

Regular Contributor

That link regarding changes to POP settings would not be relevant to this topic of using the Xfinity Connect App for your email. Those instructions only apply when setting up your Comcast mail account on other various 3rd party mail Apps instead of using the Xfinity Connect App for your mail for example.