Community Forum

Xfinity connect app not working on iPhone nor iPad

Regular Visitor

Xfinity connect app not working on iPhone nor iPad

Everday it seems the app is not working on either the iPhone or the iPad or both.  There are two issues that happen.  Either i get message that connection cannot be found (though I am on cellular service or internet, and other stuff like browser is working fine) or messages do show but on the email icon there is constant spinning wheel (two arrows going around) and if I click a message, in the body there is a spinning icon.  Like other messages i have seen, i have shut down device multiple times, deleted and reinstalled app mulltiple times.  Then this morning, even the desktop email is not working right - I click the email icon and new window opens with just white screen and 3 dots, sat like that for over 2 minutes (on IE 11).  Given the monthly fees I am paying seems kind of ridiculous how difficult Comcast makes it for me to fully use services, how much the onus is on me to fix these things.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity connect app not working on iPhone nor iPad

Hello Maldenduke, have you tried logging into the website to see if you have the same issue reading mail there? Are you using a 3rd part email client such as Apple mail or Outlook? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The desktop issue I was having was on the Xfinity site.  As I stated, I clicked the email icon within the Xfinity site and that is where issue was.  This is in addition to app issue on both iPhone and iPad that i described.

New Poster

I have this same problem.  I can view my email from the Xfinity website either on my computer or on my iphone, but cannot view my email in the Xfinity app for the iphone.  I can see the emails, I can select an email, and then the email does not open, the little circle thing just keeps spinning.  The app has never worked properly for me.  I have submitted feedback that the app is bad.  There seems to be numerous complaints.  I have reinstalled the app several times.  It is beyond frustrating.  No other problem with any other apps.  I would appreciate any suggestions, but will be reinstalling now again just in case.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here over at least 6 months . Using latest iOS and latest app version, just keep getting spinning over the mail icon. Email no problem via browser 

Official Employee

Hello all the issue you describe is tied to your app and the username, not the email service itself or you would not be able to view mail on the website. I will need to reset your credentials on my end, if you need further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

ComcastAmir solved it with a reset on the Comcast side . THanks 

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately this fix did not stick ; it worked only for a day or so . Comcast please help - there has to be a way ?
Official Employee

Jerome3Dog wrote: Unfortunately this fix did not stick ; it worked only for a day or so . Comcast please help - there has to be a way ?

Please send me a private message with your account number, street address, and your full name so I can continue to look into this for you to resolve the issue permanently. 

Frequent Visitor

Already sent that info - check earlier messages . But how can it possibly be a one by one fix when obviously so many are affected ? Amir I appreciate your response but there comes a time to take a different tact?
Frequent Visitor

And yet another second thought .... The app failed at 725pm in the usual fashion , even though working earlier today ; in addition I deliberately did not use Safari on my phone today . I completely closed the app by an "up sweep" gesture and restarted it and , viola , it DID work . FWIW . Will keep you posted .
Official Employee

Jerome3Dog wrote: And yet another second thought .... The app failed at 725pm in the usual fashion , even though working earlier today ; in addition I deliberately did not use Safari on my phone today . I completely closed the app by an "up sweep" gesture and restarted it and , viola , it DID work . FWIW . Will keep you posted .

Thank you or this information, please keep me posted on your progress. I am here to assist you if you need anything further.  

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Connect App is not working on any of our iPhones nor iPads any more. :-(

The Xfinity Connect App is NOT working on any of our iPhones nor iPads any more. This started yesterday August 25th, 2018.

We have tried deleting and reinstalling it multiple times, but have the same issue EVERY time.

We CAN log into the xfinity site and do not have an issue with that, just the Xfinity Connect App does NOT work.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Does anyone know if comcast is working on this problem? All information is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Connect App is not working on any of our iPhones nor iPads any more. :-(

I concur that this morning the app stopped working. I also have deleted, downloaded, reinstalled and restarted, to no avail. I can handle the mail on my PC, but that does not help me on the road. Note, the app updated to a new one 2 weeks ago (I think) and I had no problems prior to the update. Is this related to the switch to imap rather than pop?

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Connect App is not working on any of our iPhones nor iPads any more. :-(

Both my wife and I are unable to log into the Connect app on our IPads and iPhones this morning. Both of us are able to access our emails through the xfinity website. We have had multiple problems with Comcast services recently in the Sacramento area, along with multiple “scheduled maintenance messages.”

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your info  , glad to know its not something I've done wrong. I'll bet comcast will address this shortly so that we can again access and send email thru Xfinity Connect.

Rob

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Jiman49 for your info,  I'm glad its not something I'm doing wrong. I'm sure Comcast is now aware of the problem and working on a fix so that we can again access and send email with Xfinity Connect.

Rob

Regular Contributor

@robensing wrote:

The Xfinity Connect App is NOT working on any of our iPhones nor iPads any more. This started yesterday August 25th, 2018.

We have tried deleting and reinstalling it multiple times, but have the same issue EVERY time.

We CAN log into the xfinity site and do not have an issue with that, just the Xfinity Connect App does NOT work.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Does anyone know if comcast is working on this problem? All information is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob

Yes Rob, same problem here in Fort Collins, CO using the new iOS app version 6.7.9 on my iPad.  I use the app primarily for text messaging and landline phone calls.  App was updated in the App Store 4 days ago (when the icon changed from black to white).  I recall that the updated app behaved notmally for a day or two, now I'm having all kinds of problems.  Repeatedly cannot connect (sign in), and when I AM successful at uninstalling/reinstalling/connecting, I can (sometimes) receive text messages but cannot send them.  Says "Sending..." forever without actually sending the message.  Everything works normally on my PC via the web interface and works normally on my Android tablet (black icon, version 6.8.3), but as it stands now, iOS version 6.7.9 is completely unusable.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks milehiguy; sorry to hear you are also having an issue with Xfinity Connect but I definately do appreciate the feedback from Ft. Collins, Colorado. 

Your description of the problem matched my experience too in that the issue did not occur immediately after the install of the new iOS app version 6.7.9.

Perhaps comcast will consider rolling back the version so we can once again use their app to communicate on apple phones.

Rob

Regular Visitor

Looks like the app is working for me again. Hopefully, the problem has been fixed permanently for everyone.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks I  deninately appreciate feedback each of you has provided on the Xfinity Connect App issue that so many iPhone and iPad users are having.

At this point I'm going to stop trying to use the app and wait for a solution from Comcast. 

Rob

Regular Contributor

@Jiman49 wrote:
Looks like the app is working for me again. Hopefully, the problem has been fixed permanently for everyone.

Read your reply and just reinstalled the app (iOS version 6.7.9).  So far so good.  I had no trouble logging in, the app imported all of my account data (messages), and I'm once again able to send and receive texts.  I don't use the app to send email, but all of my comcast.net email messages were displayed.  Haven't checked yet to see if voice is working.  Anyway, something has definitely changed for the better.  Perhaps a system-side glitch of some kind was corrected.

Frequent Visitor

I just reinstalled IOS version 6.7.9 on my iPhone and IPad also. All is well now for me too.  The app imported my data and works for sending and receiving email messages.

Thanks,

Rob

New Poster

I am having the same issue so I tried to delete the account on my iPhone now it won't let me add it again. 

How can I private message someone to assist me?

Frequent Visitor

To robensing , milehiguy, Jiman49, ComcastAmir et al

Once the app went to version 6.7.9 ( white icon) all seemed to improve for both my wife and me using latest iOS. 

I surely hope hope this fix will last . 

Thanks for for all the feedback 

Mike

Regular Contributor

@Trescilla914 wrote:

I am having the same issue so I tried to delete the account on my iPhone now it won't let me add it again. 

How can I private message someone to assist me?

Hmmm, do you mean you deleted the account (email address) you were using in the Connect app?  I believe that once you delete an email address, it's gone and cannot be recreated.  Perhaps I misunderstand your issue ...

Regular Visitor

The xfinity connect app will not install on my iPad mini. It gets to "retrieving account information" and then stops. It was working before I uninstalled it but now will not reinstall. Very annoying. What is wrong with Comcast/Infinity??

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue!

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Couldn't open my email on my iPad mini, reinstalled the app and only get 'Retrieving Account info' .  Doesn't progress any farther.

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem with Xfinity Connect application.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it now works.

New Poster

I have the exact same problems.  it's been an issue for several days now.

Not applicable

Re: Xfinity connect app not working on iPad

App not working on ipad

Not applicable

Re: Xfinity connect app not working on iPad

Need steps to fix this issue, now

Why pay for such terrible service...quite frustrating 

Contributor

Re: Xfinity connect app not working on Android, either

Connect app not working on Samsung tablet or Samsung phone. What gives? 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity connect app not working on my iPad Can't open my mail

@Jerome3Dog wrote:
Unfortunately this fix did not stick ; it worked only for a day or so . Comcast please help - there has to be a way ?

New Poster

I have the same issues as everyone else on this forum. I've been to the Xfinity web site to find a fix, searched on line, removed and reinstalled comcast.net on my iPhone, made sure that the server addresses were correct, and STILL Comcast/Xfinity does not work.  What is UP? 

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with Connect for a while! It occurred after several previous iOS updates! I lost all of my contacts and I can’t get them back. Periodically I have to re-install it because it just freezes up, like today! My sent mail doesn’t show up in the folder immediately. What is going on with this app??
Frequent Visitor

I have to reinstall the app almost weekly on one device or another to get it unfrozen myself :-(  :-(  :-( .

I can't believe this still has not been fixed when so many users are having trouble with it.

Does anyone know if there are any altermative apps that would work like comcast connect for a comcast mail account?

Frequent Visitor

My wife and I frequently have the same problem on our iPhones.  My laptop runs Windows 10 and her desktop runs Windows 8.  While we both have the occasional issue logging into and retrieving our email on the Windows platform, the iPhone issue is chronic.  Like many others I have deleted and reinstalled the connect app repeatedly.  This cures the problem for, at most, a day or two.  I've read that this is a known problem and being worked on by Comcast.  It is VERY irritating!

Official Employee

Hi @lstephen

I've replied to your private message requesting additional information to help with your email issue on your iPhone devices. Please reply when you have a moment so I can continue assisting you. Chat with you soon. 

New Poster

I have the Iphone 6S  the Xfinity Connect app  was working fine till it upgraded.   I have contacted the reps 3 times  that last rep had it working last  month for like on hour then it stopped again.   My issue is incoming calls quit totally!  I dont care about Xfinity email notifications  at all  What gives comcast!!?? The older version worked fine  Did you break it?