Community Forum

Xfinity connect app not working on iPhone nor iPad

Regular Visitor

Xfinity connect app not working on iPhone nor iPad

Everday it seems the app is not working on either the iPhone or the iPad or both.  There are two issues that happen.  Either i get message that connection cannot be found (though I am on cellular service or internet, and other stuff like browser is working fine) or messages do show but on the email icon there is constant spinning wheel (two arrows going around) and if I click a message, in the body there is a spinning icon.  Like other messages i have seen, i have shut down device multiple times, deleted and reinstalled app mulltiple times.  Then this morning, even the desktop email is not working right - I click the email icon and new window opens with just white screen and 3 dots, sat like that for over 2 minutes (on IE 11).  Given the monthly fees I am paying seems kind of ridiculous how difficult Comcast makes it for me to fully use services, how much the onus is on me to fix these things.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity connect app not working on iPhone nor iPad

Hello Maldenduke, have you tried logging into the website to see if you have the same issue reading mail there? Are you using a 3rd part email client such as Apple mail or Outlook? 

Regular Visitor

The desktop issue I was having was on the Xfinity site.  As I stated, I clicked the email icon within the Xfinity site and that is where issue was.  This is in addition to app issue on both iPhone and iPad that i described.

New Poster

I have this same problem.  I can view my email from the Xfinity website either on my computer or on my iphone, but cannot view my email in the Xfinity app for the iphone.  I can see the emails, I can select an email, and then the email does not open, the little circle thing just keeps spinning.  The app has never worked properly for me.  I have submitted feedback that the app is bad.  There seems to be numerous complaints.  I have reinstalled the app several times.  It is beyond frustrating.  No other problem with any other apps.  I would appreciate any suggestions, but will be reinstalling now again just in case.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here over at least 6 months . Using latest iOS and latest app version, just keep getting spinning over the mail icon. Email no problem via browser 

Official Employee

Hello all the issue you describe is tied to your app and the username, not the email service itself or you would not be able to view mail on the website. I will need to reset your credentials on my end, if you need further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

ComcastAmir solved it with a reset on the Comcast side . THanks 

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately this fix did not stick ; it worked only for a day or so . Comcast please help - there has to be a way ?
Official Employee

Jerome3Dog wrote: Unfortunately this fix did not stick ; it worked only for a day or so . Comcast please help - there has to be a way ?

Please send me a private message with your account number, street address, and your full name so I can continue to look into this for you to resolve the issue permanently. 

Frequent Visitor

Already sent that info - check earlier messages . But how can it possibly be a one by one fix when obviously so many are affected ? Amir I appreciate your response but there comes a time to take a different tact?
Frequent Visitor

And yet another second thought .... The app failed at 725pm in the usual fashion , even though working earlier today ; in addition I deliberately did not use Safari on my phone today . I completely closed the app by an "up sweep" gesture and restarted it and , viola , it DID work . FWIW . Will keep you posted .
Official Employee

Jerome3Dog wrote: And yet another second thought .... The app failed at 725pm in the usual fashion , even though working earlier today ; in addition I deliberately did not use Safari on my phone today . I completely closed the app by an "up sweep" gesture and restarted it and , viola , it DID work . FWIW . Will keep you posted .

Thank you or this information, please keep me posted on your progress. I am here to assist you if you need anything further.