Community Forum

Xfinity Voice Calls Not Ringing On Our Cell Phones

Contributor

Xfinity Voice Calls Not Ringing On Our Cell Phones

not sure if this question belongs here or in the mobile app forum (moderator...please move if need be).

we have xfinity voice bundled with our internet and cable.  up until a few weeks ago calls to our voice number would also ring on our verizon mobiles (iphone 7) using the xfinity connect app.  we still get email and voice mail noifications.  i've logged in and out of the app, deleted the app and then re-downloaded with no change. 

something has changed since this feature was working up until a few weeks ago.   suggestions???

rich

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Voice Calls Not Ringing On Our Cell Phones

problem solved.  

Valued Contributor

What solved this? Having the same problem. When I go into the dialer the dot to the left is always red now and never green meaning connected like it used to be.
New Poster

I have been having the same issue for over 2 months and no one can fix the issue.  I have an Iphone 8 and work from home and it is really causing issues since I can not answer client calls when I am away from my desk.  I have spent countless hours on the phone with customer support and I keep getting the run around and no one has helped the issue.  Someone did  something that even messed up me getting my voicemail through the app now.  Very frustrated.

Contributor

here’s my “fix” (error was mine, not xfinity’s)

- open xfinity connect app
- go to settings
- go to call preferences
- select call forwarding
- under ADVANCED CALL FORWARDING add your mobile number

New Poster

same problem for months. doing the same as you, but now i just deleted the app and will do without.

Customer service has no idea how to fix the problem, I have called many times to no avail.

Contributor

try downloading it again. i did that and now everything is working as it should.
New Poster

Tried that many times to no avail